# "残業" ⤷ ganyu

❝ rest well, ganyu ❞

 selected route ; 残業 (overtime)

. selected route ; 残業 (overtime)

ganyu . plenilune glaze

. scenario - in which you convince ganyu to rest instead of working overtime (requested)

. music - everyday i love you : vivi (loona)

tw. none

.

"GANYU, YOU OUGHT to rest..." Your eyes looked up from the papers in your hand, glossing over Ganyu's candle lit face. Dark crescents had begun to form beneath her eyes. A quiet sigh left her lips as she placed her quill aside, glancing up at you for the first time that evening.

"I have so much more to finish... with the destruction of the Jade Chamber, I need to finalize the insurance papers and— (y/n)?!" You snatched the papers from her desk, scanning the printed ink on the parchment with great scrutiny before setting hers adn your paper aside, far from Ganyu's reach so that her sole focus was on you.

"Let's not worry about that right now. You need to look after your health. I mean, just look at you!" Ganyu pursed her lips together, looking down with guilty eyes. "But who's going to do my work if I rest...? I need to finish this."

You shook your head at her, sighing. "Ganyu, I know work is incredibly important to you but your own well being should come first."

You knelt to her level, hands gently massaging her stiff shoulders. "I know you're half adeptus and all but work should never come before your health."

Ganyu is a workaholic, that much is obvious but she had grown habitually dependent on her status as a half-adeptus to excuse herself from resting. Her body supposedly 'handled the stress just fine'— at least, that's what she told you but it was apparent that she herself, was mentally crumbling under the mountain of expectations and literally towers of paperwork.

It was unsustainable work and she couldn't stop herself from crashing.

You were afraid that this isolation in a dark room for hours upon hours of just work was going to be her moment of spiraling into madness. This descent towards insanity had it not been her strong will and determination to provide for Liyue as Rex Lapis has decreed it as her task so long ago. She's adamant about her work, determined to conduct her duties as the Emissary and secretary of the Liyue Qixing on behalf of her adeptus oath with the Geo Archon.

"I can't possibly leave this work here alone! The papers won't file themselves and someone needs to look over them." Ganyu worried, stressing the importance of her work to you as a way of convincing you otherwise but you had a different proposal.

"Here, how about I take over your paperwork for a bit and you go rest?" Your proposal garnered her interest immediately. Most secretaries would cry and resign the moment they saw Ganyu's workload yet you were agreeing to take on the heaps and piles of daunting paperwork. You've heard the complaints of Ningguang's three secretaries that one time Ganyu had gone on a mini vacation with the Traveler— the sheer amount of work she took on was nearly impossible for the three of them.

"I know I can't do as well as you but I want you to rest. Don't worry about anything of this, I'll take care of it all." You smiled, taking the quill from her desk and the paper she was working on.

"But..." Ganyu's protest faltered as she realized that there was no point in arguing with you. She knew that you were too stubborn to protest against and that you were right (though she would never dare admit her exhaustion to anyone but you). She needed a break from her work sooner than later.

"Heh, you'll worry yourself to death. I'll do my best to make a dent in this paperwork. Take the nap you deserve." You smiled at her, gesturing to the cushion by your lap. "Go rest."

Ganyu stared at it for a bit before she looked up, pinkish lilac hues boring into yours. A soft pink blush dusted over her cheeks. "Would it... be okay if I rested on your lap...?"

You blinked twice at her. Momentary stupor washed over you but you snapped out of it in realization of what Ganyu had asked of you. A wide smile grew on your lips as you pulled back from her desk and patted your thighs lightly. "It's all yours."

Ganyu graced you a small smile and laid down on your thighs, her head turned aside. Her ashen hair scattered around her, tresses of blue tickling your bare skin. Soft breathes eluded her lips as she nestled into your lap for some much needed sleep.

You chuckled softly, gently stroking her soft ashen locks as Ganyu nuzzled against you. "Rest well, Ganyu."

GOOD ENDING

° NEXT UP. DILUC RAGNVINDR