# "完璧を逃す" ⤷ keqing

❝ i can't risk falling off my throne ❞

selected route ; 完璧を逃す (miss perfect)

keqing . driving thunder

. scenario - (high school au) in which keqing is head of the student council and though she struggles with her own self image; after a night of drinking and an impulsive kiss— she finally finds herself able to accept her own flaws

. music - little miss perfect : write out loud

cw / tw. mentions of underage drinking, self-hatred, self-deprecation, and bouts of depression

.

STRAIGHTFORWARD; THE GIRL who never cuts corners at any task, Keqing is beloved and revered by the entirety of Teyvat High. The utterance of her name strikes inspiration or fear in the student body; viewing her as the epitome of what a role model student should look like.

Straight A's; the girl who has it all not only has perfect grades, but also a status. Her wealth, family name, and her position as the head of the student council presidency is nothing to scoff at. With her only being a second year student, she has already achieved enough to qualify for the nation's greatest universities.

Essentially, in every way, Keqing is set for future success. She has everything she has ever wanted and more; absolutely spoiled rotten by her wealthy family and given the very best education possible at Teyvat High. She is naturally gifted in art, any sorts of athletics, and performs exceptionally well in every academic. Everyone saw her as such, this goddess who was capable of any task; a leader, a role model— the perfect child, the perfect student.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.

In her eyes, she couldn't help but see the flaws only visible to herself. It's similar to how one notices the flaws within one's own work or design; the artist seeing the imperfections that prompts them to destroy the previous and try again. No matter how hard she attempts to rid herself of those flaws and defects, it always returns like an unwanted blemish. She attempts to brush over the imperfects with the paints of academic validity, praise, and empty titles yet nothing seems to cover them. It's visible— that defective, ugly wound.

How disgusting narcissism can truly be in the eyes of the beholder.

Crumbling beneath the facade of 'Little Miss Perfect', Keqing suffers behind closed doors with her feelings of utter worthlessness and self-hatred never known by the people. If she gives in, if she allows that vulnerability to slip— even just a little, then they too would see the ugliness deep inside her. And Keqing was far too prideful to allow anyone to see into her deepest insecurities and fear.