# "悪戯" ⤷ yae miko

❝ don't be scared. i won't bite. ❞

 selected route ; 悪戯 (mischief)

. selected route ; 悪戯 (mischief)

yae miko . astute amusement

. scenario - in which you have been reassigned to work at the grand narukami shrine as yae miko's second-in-command (requested)

. music - won't bite : doja cat (feat. Smino)

(note. male titles will be used here.)

.

"SO THIS IS GRAND NARUKAMI SHRINE..."

YOU SAID IN awe of the structure standing before you, eyes-blown wide with admiration at the breathtaking sight. You lifted your hakama to avoid dirtying them as you approached the brilliant red torii gates.

"Welcome, Gongguji (l/n)." The shrine maidens near the entrance greeted you with bows. You nodded to them, lifting your hand to gesture for them to stand upright. (1)

"That's quite alright, no need to address me so formally. We are all here to serve and attend. In that respect, we are equals before our god." You smiled at them, laughing quietly as the shrine maidens turned to one another, whispering quietly.

"Is there... something wrong?" You raised an eyebrow at them to which they shook their heads, still silent since their formal greeting of you. You frowned a bit before another voice reached your ears.

"Why, if it isn't the renowned traveling Gongguji (l/n)...! I welcome you to my humble shrine."

Yae Miko, the Head Priestess of the Grand Narukami Shrine and owner of the Yae Publishing House. You have heard much about her in your years of training; never had you expected her to look quite... enchanting, to say the least. Something about her was alluring yet the glint in her eyes signified mischief.

"I am honored, Guuji Yae." You bowed to her out of respect for her title and rank. She, of course, outranked you and possessed far more experience— thus making her your senior in that regard.

"Now now, you have traveled a long way to come here. You needn't be so formal. After all, not many possess the title as Gongguji." Yae smirked at you, folding her arms across her chest. "You should have pride in that."

Formally, you had worked all over the nation of Inazuma. From Kannazuka to Watatsumi Island, you provided services to all people in need of blessings, exorcisms, and more. You had passed the aptitude exam with flying colors at a young age and possessed a natural gift for cleansing. In no time, you were known everywhere for your efforts which brought you to Yae Miko who grew interested in you.

"Do tell me, (y/n)... Why do you choose to travel about as opposed to working in dedication at a shrine?" You froze, her usage of your given name made your heart skip a beat. You stuttered an answer out.

"I-I suppose I enjoy the adventure of it all... Getting to know people and exploring new locations is certainly a thrill..." You hoped the answer sufficed, watching for her reaction but Yae's expression didn't change. Instead, she continued to smirk at you.

"Hm... I see... Then what do you think of working alongside me? As a second-in-command? After all, you and I are only a rank difference apart." A rank difference or not, anyone could tell that the two of you were easily on two different levels. The bar was set far too high for you to even reach her status.

"I... would be honored but you flatter me with extreme compliments, Guuji Yae." You admitted, laughing quietly as you glanced around, observing the beautiful surroundings.

The view from the top was certainly breathtaking; but more than anything, the Grand Sakura Tree that stood basking in sunlight with its violet petal storms enraptured you.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Yae stopped in front of the hundred year old tree, turning to you with a smirk lingering on her features.

"Certainly." You answered, nodding nervously as she hummed at your response. Slowly, she made her way over to you.

"(y/n), you seem rather apprehensive around me. Is there something you wish to say?"

Yae Miko is certainly an expert on reading people, so the rumors say. You find yourself growing ever so slightly anxious the longer you were with her; perhaps it was that mischievous smile that was throwing you off... Or perhaps that she is known to be awfully unpredictable.

"I must admit, I am quite nervous—" Yae suddenly drew close, her hand hooking beneath your chin as she lifted your head up to meet your gaze. It made your heart skip a beat as she grew closer, centimeter by centimeter.

"Don't be scared, I won't bite."

You audibly gasped at her words before she retreated, her smirk grew more smug at your flustered expression. You attempted to regain composure before Yae commented on your darkening complexion.

"I like that look on you... Perhaps I'll keep you around for some time..." You weren't sure what she was implying but with what you had experienced just now; one thing was for certain.

She would be the death of you.

GOOD ENDING

author's note

author's note.

(1) - gongguji is the second highest title given to a shrine officiant. right below miko / guuji

bad ending - she does cause your death through sheer embarrassment

in any case, thank you so much as always for reading and please do take care! until next time my fitness :)

° NEXT UP, KAMISATO AYATO