CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: None

Happy Reading :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up next morning with a pounding head. I couldn't even adjust my eyes to the brightness coming from the window. So I just closed my eyes and stayed in bed for a while. After sometime I got up and went to the washroom and did all the stuff.

When I came out, I saw a cup of chai and some breakfast on the bed. I immediately smiled. I went near it and even saw a sticky note beside it.

Good Morning Sleepyhead,

Hope you had a good night sleep and many dreams of me. If no, I know you're lying because you do get dreams of me. So, here's the breakfast and tea instead of coffee because I know you don't like coffee when you're sick or have a headache. (I know I know, I'm a great observer) Anyways, so this is the breakfast, I was going to wait for you but you weren't in the room when I came in the room so I just decided to leave it here.

So enjoy your breakfast in bed without your date!

Manik (Sometimes Elephant)

I smiled at the note and shook my head. He's surely cheerful this morning. I could tell by the note otherwise usually he is the most grumpy person in the mornings. Whenever I used to call him in the mornings, the only answer that I got was 'shut up'.

I took the breakfast and went out. The living room was really bright, too bright for my eyes. So I went and closed some curtains and switched on the AC.

I sat on the sofa and played some soothing music. That was literally heaven. Just being by yourself, listening to some music and enjoying the food.

I was eating my breakfast when I realized that Manik had given me a forehead kiss the other day. My eyes immediately widened at the realization. And, of course I blushed. I was sleeping but not actually sleeping, if that makes sense.

According to me, forehead kisses are better than any other kiss. It shows how much you truly care for the person and how much you love them. I know that's not the case for us but yeah that kiss does make me feel special and the question again arises in my mind. A question which I've been trying to avoid for a long time.

Do I like Manik??

This question has been on my mind for a really long time. I know maybe it's too early but I just get this feeling which I've never felt before. Even I'm not sure yet. But all the things that he has been doing for me recently have evoked my feelings for him. He is willing to try to be friendly with me, takes care of me when I'm sick, cooks for me and what not. But I'm afraid, what if he doesn't like me back?

I don't want to ruin what we already have. This friendship. We had a really rough time establishing this bond so I don't want to let it go.

And anyways, I'm still not sure that I like him or not so thinking of all this is a matter of some other time.

I was lost in my thoughts so I didn't hear Manik come. You are always lost in your thoughts. My mind, of course, has to interrupt.

"Hello madam. What are you thinking? Thinking of me, huh?" He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes to bring my attention.

"Yes." My eyes widened at the answer. It was completely involuntary. I didn't mean to answer that. I face palmed myself internally.

Manik's eyes also widened and so did his smirk.