CHAPTER THIRTY

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : Love Me Like That By Sam Kim

Happy Reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a normal day, I'm out doing my usual work with Cabir constantly talking my ears off. No matter how many times I tell him to shup up he always comes up with a "do you know about...." and starts another one of his rants. It's difficult to be in your senses when you're with him. I even plugged my earphones but it was of no use because he took them off of me and kept them with him. So, I guess there was no escape for me.

After finishing our business, Cabir and I made our way to my home. He begged me to take him home to which I agreed when he blackmailed me with Nandini's name. He knows that I could have never told him no if he took her name and that worked. We came home to see the door locked. It was unusual because Nandini was always home at this time. I opened the door and checked my phone to see a message from her that she was going out for an evening stroll and also buy some things for the house.

I didn't give much heed to that and went to the kitchen to make some sandwich for me. As I was preparing one, Cabir came and sat on the barstool and looked at me with a smile.

"I'm not preparing you anything. Help yourself."

"What? Why? Should I call, Nandini?"

I smiled. "She's not home. And what's up with calling Nandini for everything? Are you a kid or what?"

"What else can I do? She's the only one you listen to and can't say no to, so I need to use that weapon." He smiled cheekily.

"By the way, where is the most sensible person in the house?"

"Out to get some things for the house."

He nodded and paused for a while. "Did you tell her?"

"About what?"

"About you. What else."

That's when I realized that we've been together but she doesn't know who I am and what I do and how dangerous it is to be with me.

I sighed and told him no.

"Why?" he asked.

"What, why? I never had the courage to tell her and ruin everything that we have. I'm happy, dude. After a long time and I don't want to spoil it just yet. I know me not telling her will cause problems but it's just too difficult for me. It's too difficult to burst her bubble and tell her that I work in a gang. She doesn't take me as that kind of a person, you know. For once someone is seeing me as a normal person and not a lunatic and I want her to see me that way. Call me selfish but I don't want to burst her bubble right now."

"That's fine but if you keep delaying it, it will be tough on the both of you, you know that right?"

I sighed and he continued.

"If you tell her right now, it will be better because later when she comes to find it out from someone else or from you, it will be way more difficult for her to accept it. And it's not like you want to be there for your whole life, even you want to get out of this. I am not telling you to tell her everything today, but make sure to tell her everything as soon as possible." He advised.

"How do you manage to go from this annoying Cabir to a sensible one?"

He just shrugged and acted as if he was flipping his hair.

"I'll try to tell her."

As I said this, the door clicked indicating that someone was home. I went out of the kitchen and was met by a little worried looking Nandini. I walked up to her and kept my hand on her shoulder to which she flinched a little.