CHAPTER THIRTEEN

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: SUPERMARKET FLOWERS BY ED SHEERAN

Happy Reading!

------------------------------------------------------------

Nandini! That's the only name coming in my mind these days. This girl! Ugh! She is really something. She is the most irritating girl I have ever seen. What irritates me the most is that she is different from the girls I have met. All the girls that I have met are clingy and demanding. They never get satisfied by whatever they get. And most of all they throw themselves at me.

But Nandini is different. She is caring and innocent and all the things that I am not and I'll never be. Since the day she has come to live with me I don't know why but I have felt something.

I want to come home just to check and make sure she is alright. I cook for her. Which is really rare because I don't cook for anyone.

I loved to cook and sing. When my dad was alive, hima and I used to cook a lot. He taught me how to cook my first dish when I was 7 . But I always saw how he cooked and learned form far. My mom used to love when dad cooked for her.

On Sundays he wouldn't let mom get into the kitchen and he would make all the meals of the day. My mom used to be ecstatic to see that.

Even when I cooked for the first time she was so happy. I could see it in her eyes. Her eyes we're welled up in tears but I knew they were happy tears. I didn't make it too well. I had put a lot of salt but then too they ate it without complaining. When I tated it I was about to vomit it.

Then my mom said.

It's the efforts that shine, not the outcome. You tried hard and that's all that matters. Try harder next time and I am sure you'll do great.

Her and my dad were really my idols.

Those were the days....

I didn't cook a lot because something happened which made me stop cooking. I had grown hate towards cooking but when Nandini came, I felt like cooking again.

Because obviously, she couldn't cook to save a life. When she asked me for the first time to cook for her, I was going to tell her no immediately. But then, she made a really really... Cute face and I couldn't tell her no. And I hurt her with my words after that so I had to cook.

It was really weird for me to make something on my own. I always used to order takeouts or eat at Cabir's house. But now I'll have to cook.

I have started coming home after Nandini started living here. I didn't like to come home from work before. I don't know why all this is happening to me now. It's really confusing and it's irritating the fuck out of me.

So here I was with Alya in her bed. She was one of the girls who used to work with me. We all were a group but the only person I talk to is Cabir. He is my main mate and only friend. We know each other since we were kids and he since then he has been my best mate. I may not admit it but he is my brother and my only family.

So yeah, back to Alya. We have been fuck buddies since forever. It was not only because of me. She even wanted it. I may be very ruthless but I do respect women and their dignity. She willingly wanted to do it too. So whenever she is stressed or I am stressed we fuck each other. It helps, sometimes.

I don't feel anything for her. She was never my type and I told her that from the first day. But I know that she likes me. I can see it on her face and in her eyes. But I can never reciprocate.