CHAPTER FOUR

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: LITTLE THINGS BY ONE DIRECTION

Rahul went his way. Which left us alone in this house. His presence was already killing me. But Amms always taught me to be kind and if not talk much, but initiate a talk.

"Hi. I am Nandini. Nice to meet you." I said with a generous smile.

"I am not deaf. I heard it when Rahul spoke your name. I am manik, by the way. But even if you didn't know my name, I would have had no problem because we aren't going to talk. Understood?" he said, glaring at me.

"Why?" I asked.

He just raised his eyebrow and gave me an are-you-serious look.

"O-okay" I said, with slight tears in our eyes. No one had yelled at me like that, ever.

With that he went to his room. I was left standing in the hallway, alone. He was so intimidating. I had a weird urge to know him. I knew that he was like a mind your own business type of a guy. But I was also a very curious girl. Since childhood I have always wanted to know things and until I didn't do it, I wouldn't sit silently.

With a sigh, I went to my room and slammed it shut, just like he did. I started to organize my room and wardrobe. I didn't change the color because I like white color. I had brought fairy lights from my room and some other things from my old room to decorate my new room.

After 3 hours, I finally was done with the decorations. The only thin lest in the room that was left was the bed. I initially thought that I would ask Manik for help, because it weighs double my weight. But then I know that he wasn't going to help me so I decided to do it after having dinner.

It was dark out now. The wind was chilly. I went to my balcony and closed my eyes to just enjoy the weather here. It was so serene and peaceful. But suddenly my trance was broken, by Manik's door. He came out and slammed it shut.

I was hungry but the dilemma was that I didn't know how to cook. My Amms always told me that I should learn to cook. But I never listened to her and now I regret not learning it. I hope Manik knows how to cook otherwise I will have to order takeaway on my first day in Mumbai.

I went out when I saw Manik sitting on the coffee table. He was busy typing on his laptop. I sat in front of him with a big smile on my face. I knew he was going to refuse to cook for me even if he knew but then again what's the harm in trying ! 

He didn't even look up to me even though he knew I was sitting there. How rude! So to gain his attention, I started tapping my fingers on the table. He furrowed his eyebrows but still didn't look up. Good self-control, I see. So now I even started tapping my feet against the table, which caused even more sound. Finally after eternity, he looked up with a boring expression. He gave me a death glare and stood up from the table and made his way to the sofa. Me being very stubborn, I followed him there.

"Manik." I called him. But he didn't reply. So I tried calling him more but he didn't reply.

"Ma-" I was going to call him again but he suddenly stopped because of which, I barged into his back. My nose got severely hurt because of that. I held it and looked at him, pouting my lips.

"What,Nandini!?" He shouted. To which, I flinched. I just looked at him, didn't answer him. His eyes held so much anger and irritation, that I was taken aback by them. So instead of answering him, I started to make my way back to my room. It is better to starve rather than listening to him or his hurtful words. I thought to myself.

I was bout to turn around when he grabbed my wrist and tugged on it. He did it with a lot of force, because of that I was pulled into his chest. I was about to loose my balance but I kept my hands on his shoulder at the right time, to save myself from the ground.