CHAPTER SEVEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: STRAWBERRIES AND CIGARETTES BY TROYE SIVAN

ENJOY THE CHAPTER :)

I woke up with a really bad headache and backache. It was because of the mattress that I was sleeping on and the floor was certainly not my friend. I mentally noted that I had to put up the bed today. You mentally note that everyday but never do it, idiot. My mind mocked me, again. Do you ever shut up? I asked. No I am your best friend, remember? I can't shut up. If I do you will keep embarrassing yourself every minute. It reminded me. Point taken!

I went out to take some medicine for the headache and backache. I searched all the drawers and cabinets but couldn't find it. It was 3 pm in the afternoon and I was too lazy to go out and but it due to the scorching heat. The AC was not on so I first switched it on and then sat on the sofa and closed my eyes. I heard the front door open and I also opened my eyes. I saw Manik entering the apartment. He saw me sitting on the couch. Before he could speak anything I got up abruptly. Because of that sudden jerk my head started paining again. I winced and was about to fall when Manik held me. His arms were around me. My small body fit in his large arms, perfectly. He made me sit on the couch again. I started wiggling in his grip. He left me.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing." I answered.

"You were about to fall down and you are saying it's nothing. C'mon yaar, don't be stubborn and make it difficult for the both of us. Seede seedhe bol do na kya hus hai, dollface?"

"Oh I am making things difficult? I am not the one picking up fights with you. I am not the one who is just standing there listening when people insulted me. I am not making it difficult if anyone is, it's you."

"Fine. It's my mistake. Happy?" He asked, tiredly.

That's when I noticed that his face was pale. He was not as energetic as he used to be. Maybe because of the work. I shouldn't behave like this to him, at least not right now.

"I have a headache, very terrible one."

"Oh, dollface! You should have told me earlier na. did you take medicine?"

I just shook my head in a no. "I couldn't find them."

"I have some Asprin in my room. I will get it for you. I think it will help you a little. Stay here only, don't get up." With that he went to his room.

Why is he behaving like this? I wondered. Where is my Monster Manik? Oh so now Madam has problem with this Manik also. First when he was behaving rudely tab bhi pasand nahi tha and now that he is behaving nicely, to bhi problem hai! And by the way when did he become 'your' monster manik? My mind again mocked me. I blushed a little and said shut up!

"But I didn't even speak anything. Why are you telling me shut up, dollface?" Manik asked.

I realized that I had spoken it out loud. "Urm.. It was not for you. Just ignore it. Did you um find the medicine?" I asked changing the topic.

He raised his eyebrow. "Yeah I did find it. I will bring the water for you."

I nodded and he went in the kitchen to bring water. He came out and gave the medicine in my hand. I had never liked medicines and injections. They freak me out, always. I looked at the medicine and inspected it. It was really very big and I could bet on it that it tasted horrible.

"How much time are you going to take to eat it? Just by looking at it, it won't go I your stomach." Manik commented.

I didn't answer him. I just made a bad face.