CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish (not related to the chapter but I was listening to it while writing so thought I would share)

Happy Reading :)

----------------------------------------------------

I used to hate hugging. I used to hate walking. I used to hate rain. But now, I don't. Why? NANDINI !  The past week that I've spent with her has been really relaxing. I am home more because for some unknown reason, I want to spend time with her. Since the day when I  hugged her in the garden, all I've wanted to do is hug her tight and not let her go. Sounds cliche? I know but once you hug someone, all you want to do is hug him/her again and again and again

I never knew hugging someone could be so good. Because earlier when I used to see people hug, I used to cringe so bad and think that they were clingy as fuck. Also, when someone used to give me a hug I would never reciprocate it. I just stood there, awkwardly.  But with Nandini, I always want to just wrap my arms around her tiny little waist and hold her so close that she can never escape. 

The past week as I already said was so relaxing. I was not worried about my work or college or my stepmom because all I did was focus on Nandini and focus on spending time with her. We didn't do much, just watched some movies, cooked (I cooked for her). According to her, she did the most important work, which was to eat.

~A Little Flashback~

It was an usual day. As usual, I was cooking for us and Nandini madam was still sleeping. She used to wake up early in the initial days but then she also started waking up pretty late, which I don't mind because even I don't wake up early.

She usually wears a really big hoodie and a pair of shorts whenever she is at home. The hoodie is oversized so it covers her legs till her thighs and the shorts are hardly visible. It is a task not get distracted by her when all she does is walk around the apartment. She is just so adorable in whatever she wears or whatever she does. 

Even today she was wearing a huge white champion hoodie and black denim shorts. I was cooking when she came out, rubbing her eyes and pouting like a kid. I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. She really was a cute little kid when she has just woken up. Her sleepy face is the best face. Her hair was messy and she gets irritated very easily when she has just woken up and I just love irritating her. So I never miss a chance to irritate her. 

When I irritate her, she whines like a child and that's really soo damn cute. That's really the highlight of my day. That and of course, her smile. As I've said earlier, only her smile can light up my whole day. She has this dimple on the right cheek which makes her even more adorable. 

"Good Morning, Manik." She said while yawning a bit and I smiled at her.

"Good Morning madam. I thought you weren't going to wake up today, good to see that you even got out of bed this early."

"Ohh I wake up on time, ok? You don't come in my room so how would you know that I've woken up or not? I wake up early and then stay in bed till you wake up" She said. 

And I again smiled. I can never help it when I'm around her. Her cuteness, adorable-ness (if that's even a word) never fails to make me smile. Just her speaking randomly or complaining about things also makes me smile.

I couldn't resist so I switched off the stove and went near her. She looked at me weirdly and I just gave her a smile and pinched her cheeks. 

"Okay okay madam, whatever you say." I say while pinching her cheeks and laughing.