CHAPTER NINETEEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : DIL KE DASTAKK FROM PLEASE FIND ATTACHED SEASON 2 (Please go watch it if you haven't!)

Happy Reading :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hugged him....

I know a very very brave move by me but he was really angry and I didn't know anything that could calm him down. I didn't know that this would work either but whenever we hugged, he was calm so I thought it would help.

As usual, I had to be on my tip toes to reach to his shoulders. He was tensed as first but then he relaxed a bit and hugged me back. It feels like I melted in his arms. It was so soothing.

I've always been a hug person. I loved it when someone embraced me. I started receiving my first hugs from my mother. I remember her telling me humorously that hugs were naturally sweet, 100% wholesome, and fully returnable. To me, they were anxiety reducers that helped me deal with problems that I thought t I could not handle. My mother believed that hugs helped provide an opportunity to slow down from one's busy life and were a way to connect with one another through human touch. I felt that when she gave me one of her many heartfelt hugs, it was her way of saying, "I accept you for who you are, I believe in you, and I love you." My mother passed away and I miss the hugs she gave to me.

But now I've Manik. His hugs kind of convey the same meaning. It feels like I actually have someone who will always be there with me here in Mumbai, where I have absolutely no one with me. It feels like, no matter what I do or tell him, I'm 100% sure he would never judge me. And it feels good to have someone like that, be it a friend or family member or anyone else.

I smiled at the thought and hugged him tighter. After a while, I looked up at him. My arms still locked at his waist. He looked down at me. But I didn't speak anything.

"What?" Manik asked.

"What, nothing. Why do you get so angry?" I asked.

"You're seriously asking me that? I come into my apartment and see a random stranger sitting on my fucking couch and on top of all of that, he was looking at you. Not looking at you in a good way either. So I wasn't going to just welcome him and offer him food. I might have offered him a punch if he wouldn't have left." He huffed.

Usually I would get scared of the Angry Manik but today wasn't that day. It was actually funny looking at The Angry Manik.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"What it's not funny, Nandini." He whined, which made me laugh even more.

He rolled his eyes and loosened his arms around me and started to walk away. I quickly went after him and blocked is way. He looked at me. He was irritated, I could tell.

"Acha sorry sorry. But Manik he was my classmate and also our flatmate. I know he is a little creepy, even I don't like him but I couldn't just let him go esehi. No one even comes to our apartment because they all are afraid of you. It was the first time someone actually came here so I let him in. Next time I won't let him in. Okay?"

He smiled at me and I automatically smiled back at him. There's something about his smile that gets me everytime. He doesn't smile so often but whenever he does, it definitely makes my day. My favourite thing about Manik is his kind eyes and his smile. They make me feel safe.

"Oh hello madam, kidhar kho gaye?" Manik snapped his fingers in front of me.

I came back to reality. I just smiled softly at him.