CHAPTER ELEVEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : WALLS BY LOUIS TOMLINSON

Enjoy reading :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my chat with Cabir, I was just sitting on the couch and thinking of ways to bring his walls down. I know it will be one hell of a task but I want to do it. Because I know this is definitely not the manik that he shows us. There will be a soft manik somewhere buried deep inside of him which I want to know. He is an enigma and as much as I hate to admit it, I am attracted to him and I want to solve this mystery named Manik.

I don't want to be too nosy or pushy about it because I know if I become like that he will never let me in. I will have to make a plan to break down manik's walls. I hope that I can climb them because they seem too long, considering my height.

I was standing in the balcony, admiring the view when my stomach growled. I knew it would happen because I hadn't eaten anything since morning and it was already about to be lunch time.

I decided to go down to the garden because maybe that will distract me from my hungry stomach. I went to the room and took the spare keys and locked the door.

The elevator was not working so I had to take the stairs. It was not good because our flat was on the 7th floor. I was on the third floor when it striked me that I had forgotten my headphones. I battled with my mind whether to climb all the way up again or just go without them. But obviously, I went up again to bring my headphones. I mean what would I have done without Harry Styles at this hour.

I went and got my headphones and then went to the garden. There were some ladies sitting and gossiping, while their children were playing. This is the first time I have seen these many people come out. But then again since I came here I have never been out of the apartment.

The garden was packed. All the ladies had occupied all the seats. There was only one seat empty. It was under an isolated tree. It was quite dirty but I didn't want to go to the apartment again so I decided to sit there.

As I was going there I passed the ladies. Their heads snapped at me. They were looking at me weirdly. They were looking up and down me. I don't know why. I ignored them and started walking ahead.

Then I heard one of them speak.

"What is she even wearing? Kitne chote kapde hai. Girls nowadays I tell you."

"Yeah even I thought so. She is new right?"

"Yeah she is living with Manik. I don't even know how is she even living with him. I mean its been years no one lives with him."

"Yeah maybe she is one of his flings. By the clothes that she is wearing doesn't tell otherwise."

Why are they judging Manik without even knowing him? I am pretty sure Manik must have never talked to them. And do I look that bad in shorts? Amms always let me wear whatever I wanted to wear. I let it slide and went to my bench.

It was not that dirty so I just dusted it off with my hands and sat down. The weather was very nice. It was sunny at the same time it was windy. I wore my headphones and went to spotify and started 'Walls' by Louis Tomlinson.

That song pretty much matched my situation right now. I really wanted to know Manik and bring his walls down which looked almost impossible right now but I am not someone who gives up easily. I stopped thinking about Manik and focused on the song and the weather.