CHAPTER FOURTEEN

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: ONE HEART/MILLION VOICES BY NEW EMPIRE

Happy Reading!

---------------------------------------------------

Do I like her?

I don't know whether I like her or not but I do know that I cannot like her. I am not going to say that I am too bad for her and all, like all the boys but I just can't like her. Maybe I am exaggerating but I don't know because all the people I have loved have left me.

Not that I am saying that I love her or anything. You are really an idiot. Do you even know what you're talking right now? My subconscious, obviously has to speak.

So I am going home now. I am super tired and just want to hit the bed and sleep for hours. I sat in the car and started making my way towards home. I was half way through when I saw that there was a traffic jam. Typical Mumbai.

It was a beautiful day though. Not too sunny and not too gloomy either. The birds were chirping unknown words, flying in the sky and souring high and high in the sky.

All the birds and animals are so carefree. I wish even humans could have been this carefree and not in constant need to satisfy their needs. Humans have this thing where they don't value what they have until they lose it. I bet that many people will regret that they didn't live the life when they had to.

I am not saying that I am a perfect human, no one is. But at least try to live the life because a life that's been loved is a life that's been lived.

I was staring at the sky and thinking all this and I didn't know when the traffic got cleared. People started honking at me and then I started my way back home, again. I reached the apartment and made my way you my house. When I passed by the garden I saw many ladies staring at me and giving me those judgemental looks. So I decided to speak up.

"What? I know I look very handsome but go look at your ugly husbands, not me!"

And within no time all of them were out of my way. So I went to the lift area to find that the lifts are under construction. It's so frustrating when you have your apartment on a high floor and the lifts aren't working.

So I took the stairs and reached the apartment. I didn't ring the bell because it would disturb Nandini. I entered the apartment to find it empty and very silent. I didn't bother much because I thought she was sleeping so even I went to my room and hot changed. I came out but then too couldn't see her. Where was she? Why, are you missing her? Of course not, why will I miss her.

"Nandini!" I shouted but no one answered.

Ok now I am getting worried. She never goes out of the house. What if someone broke into the house? What if she is hurt or something?

I frantically went to her room but didn't find her there too and so then I checked her bathroom but didn't find her there either. Now I am really worried. I have checked everywhere and she is no where.

I knew I should have given her my number, that could have really helped right now. But you are always busy ogling her, aur kuch kahan yaad aata hi hai.

Why doesn't my brain keep it's mouth shut when it's required?

Because I don't take your orders, you work on my orders, idiot.

Ugh!!

I started searching for her everywhere. All the flat members didn't even know her name.