CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: Haari Main Haari from Please Fine Attached season 2

Happy Reading :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"You think I care about this? No, I do not. I can tolerate any pain to save you from all of them. And nobody, I mean nobody can do anything or say anything against you or about you and get away from me." He said, in anger.

I knew asking him a lot would only add fuel to the fire so I decided not to ask him more of the incident hoping he would tell me what provoked him.

"Okk, calm down, yeah?" I said, rubbing his arm trying to calm him a little.

He sighed in frustration and buried his head in his hands. I removed his hands from and face and took them in mins and rubbed soothing circles on the surface of his hand.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's just.. you hate violence and I just can't not fight people. I could tell by your face that you were scared at that time. I never want you to be scared of me, you know." He said.

"Hey, listen. I know I don't like violence and you cannot help it. And I was scared but not because of you. Kind of yeah I was because you looked like you would kill him any moment. Anyone could be scared of you at that moment. Monster Manik was back and was not calming down." I said.

"You know I'd never hurt you, you know that right? Intentionally I would never do that and I'll try that I don't hurt you even unintentionally. Just know that, ok?" he looked at me, expectedly.

I smiled at him. "I already know that you idiot. And if you do, you know that you have me and Cabir ready to whoop your ass anytime." I said.

He laughed a little but that didn't reach his eyes. I decided not to tell him anything but smile at him. He started playing with my fingers, he doesn't do that a lot but I love it when he does that. He would do that when he was nervous. He had an adorable pout on his face. I smiled a little.

He looked up at me with a questioning look. I gave him the same look.

"Can I uhhh hold you for a while? Please?" he said hesitantly. His cheeks were tinted red.

I almost laughed at him because of his embarrassment. He never had to ask me for that.

So instead of answering, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. He immediately wrapped his arms around me, a little tighter than usual. Immediately, a smile of content formed on my face. Because of his height, he wasn't able to reach to my shoulder and he had a habit of burying his head on in my neck. So, he groaned a little to which I smiled. I had to get on my tiptoes because of that and he lifted me up a little.

After a while, I broke the hug bit didn't remove my hands from around him and looked up at him. He looked down at me and fixed my hair a little and tucked a free strand behind my ear.

"Since when did the Manik Malhotra start asking for things, huh?" I asked.

"Since the day, Nandini Murty entered his life." He said with a smile, more sort of a smirk.

"Oh, what changed with her entering in your life?"

She smiled and hugged me again.

"Everything changed in the best possible way. She waltzes into my life and changed me for good." He whispered in my ear and smiled.

I blushed at that and buried my face even deeper in his chest, only managed to say a muffled 'ohh' at him. He shook his head and laughed a little.

After a few minutes, we heard an 'ahem' from the door. I scurried away but Manik didn't leave me. I looked up a him and asked him to leave me, but he didn't leave me. I looked behind to see Cabir standing.