CHAPTER SIXTEEN

NANDINI'S POV

Happy Reading :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A week later~

It's a week later now. Nothing much happened during the week. Manik and I didn't fight for the whole week except the small arguments when he used to irritate me, which was daily. I don't know what pleasure does he get in irritating me. But then even I irritate him all day. He has been acting civil for once and I appreciated that he was trying to make efforts to be my friend and he was doing a great job. 

He came home more often, we ate together, watched some show together, cooked together but that was mainly him cooking and me watching him from the counter. I sat on the counter or the bar stool while he cooked. I tried to make something but it ended up getting burnt. You see, me and cooking aren't meant to be friends, it's me and eating who are best friends. All the days with Manik felt so good. He is actually a good person to be with and spend time with. But that's only for a few people, I guess because he is still extremely rude to our other flat members and other people, in general. 

Our college is starting in 3 days and I got to know that him and I are going to the same college and so is Cabir. I am really looking forward to going to college now because i'll at least know some people there. I'm terrible at making friends because I'm very awkward when it comes to talking  with people ad socializing, I would rather stay in bed and read some book instead of talking with  people and going out.  Yeah so in my old school also I used to spend most of my free time in the library. I also got to know that Manik's mom was the principal of the college. Manik didn't like talking about his mom a lot, he didn't tell me that but I could tell by the look on his face. 

Today, I woke up pretty early and the morning went by just the same as it does. Manik came home, made breakfast, we ate it in the porch and then went to our rooms. Then we had lunch and he went  to sleep again. He sleeps way too much. I called Amms because I didn't call her much. We talked for almost 2 hours. Time always flies by when I'm talking with her and after talking with her I'm way more calm, relaxed and happy. 

After that, I started reading a book. Currently, I'm reading 'Born Again On The Mountain' by Arunima Sinha. It's an absolutely amazing book. It talks about how you should never give up and that if you have thought of something and have the desire to achieve that goal, nothing can stop you. No person, relationship, heartbreak, society etc etc can stop you from achieving it. The whole world might want to bring you down but you'll prove all of them wrong. The whole world might want to see you cry and breakdown and when you do they'll be smirking at you, evilly but after that cry session when you come back even stronger and prove all of them wrong, you'll be smirking at them with pride and they will not even have the guts to even make an eye contact with you.

Yeah so after that, in the evening I finally got out of my room and went to the kitchen. I found Manik standing in the kitchen, making himself a tea. He has this habit of listening to songs while cooking and he is always dancing to it. Honestly, that's the best sight. He is always so stressed and angry but while cooking he is at ease which is great. And, did I mention that he  looked really good. He is wearing a loose t-shirt and some shorts.

"Good Evening to you, Nandini. Now can you stop looking at me? I don't mind, though because I know I look great." He said with a slight smirk.

I always find a way to embarrass myself in front of him. I can never be discrete when I look at  him. I chuckle nervously and go near the kitchen.