CHAPTER EIGHT

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: PAINKILLER BY RUEL (PS: Please do listen to this song. It's LOVE!!)

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END.

ENJOY THE CHAPTER :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the next day. I woke up super early because I slept early yesterday. I slept early because of Manik. He is never home which is becoming very frustrating now. I am always alone is this huge ass house. Most of the times I am bored but sometimes it's scary also mainly because at night it's really dark and I don't like dark. The area here is also pretty silent. No one in our building comes out of their place and socialize. As if you were going to talk to them. You won't even talk to a dead person if you won't know them let alone an alive person. My brain spoke, as usual. I hate how my brain is always right!

I checked the time and it was just 7 am. Ugh! It's so early. I have this habit of waking up early but right now it is completely backfiring. What will I even do now? I don't know how to cook so I can't make myself breakfast also. After debating on what to do for almost half an hour, I decided to take a bath. I hadn't washed my hair since the day I got here so I decided to do it today. Do not judge, but I am not like those girls who washes their hair everyday. It is really tiring and it gets even worse if you have long hairs like me.

I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth and went to take a shower. I stand under the cold water which calms my nerves. These days with Manik have been really tough. I don't know how am I going to manage to live with him for the next as many years as I am going to live in Mumbai. Many thought are running in my head while I let the cold body cascade down my body. After I don't know how much time, I came out of the shower and dried my body. I don't usually take such long showers because I don't like to waste water and my time but today was an exception. I peeked out of my bathroom to see that no one is there in my room and then went out.

I walked to my wardrobe and decided to wear shorts today because of the heat. Our AC in the living room is not working since last night but I couldn't tell Manik because he was not home then. Today when he comes home I have to tell him. I was never so used to AC back in Manglore but since I have come here, I need AC almost every time. Then again, Manglore was not so hot too. Amms always told me that we should learn to adjust in situations. We had AC there but Amms didn't allow to on it frequently. I still used to on it when it was extremely hot but she didn't do it even if the sun was blazing on her head.

I threw in my blue pair of shorts with and black tanked top. Very basic! I let my wet hair be just like that and went to the living room. Manik's room was open which means that he isn't home yet. I wanted to go in his room and see everything but I didn't want to be nosy. And I knew that he would be angry if he found out that I went to his room and I don't want him to be mad at me, once again.

 I went to the living room and opened all the curtains to let some light in. My eyes squinted due to the sudden light in the room. A smile brought its way to my face when I saw birds in our porch, chirping and singing heavenly. I admired them for a while and then went to the coffee table where the remote of the AC was there. I tried switching it on again but it didn't happen so I let it be. I went to the kitchen and stood in front of the fridge. I saw that there were only few things in the fridge. Milk, some vegetables and some random things. There was not a single edible thing and I was sure that the vegetables were also rotten.

I only know how to make tea, coffee and Maggie. I needed a tea right now. So I took a vessel and started making the tea. After a while it was made. I started pouring it in a mug.