CHAPTER TWENTY

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: The song in the media box👆

Happy Reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Nandini was sitting on my lap. On my fucking lap. And to say that I was going crazy, was an understatement. My mind was going crazy. And my eyes were not leaving her eyes. This was the first time I was looking into her eyes like that. They were enthralling. They were plain black but due to the light they were in light shade of brown. There was something about her eyes. They were just too captivating. They held so much emotion. Her eyes were just like her character. Pure, captivating and innocent.

And then shit went down and so did my eyes. My eyes shifted from her eyes to her lips. They looked so kissable, if that's even a word. I know it was wrong but something about this just didn't seem too wrong to me. I couldn't get my thoughts straight when she is sitting so close to me. It's impossible. I can't stop myself from looking at her lips.

My mind was telling me no but when it comes to her, I can't listen to my mind. I just can't stop myself from hugging her, touching her, adoring her and right now, I can't stop myself from kissing her.

So, I take one of my hand from her waist and put it on her cheeks and gently caressed it a little. Her cheeks are so much softer than I thought they would be. Ughh! How am I supposed to not touch her when I know that this is how it feels when I touch her.

I've seen some movies where they say that there's an electric rush through you and all that shit. But dude, that actually happens. Whenever she touches me on my arm or just keeps an arm on my bicep, I feel a shot of electricity rush through me. Whenever she does it out of the blue, I literally get goosebumps. And when she hugs me, I feel like I'm in another world. A world that is free from worries, a world that has no judgmental psychopaths. A world that just consists of us and no one else. In her hug, I find peace and solace.

I lean in a little, not being able to control myself anymore. My mind was shouting at me that all this was wrong but that's the thing, my mind has no say in this. My eyes get closed involuntarily.

"Hello fellas!" I heard someone and I swear I have never had this dire need to kill somebody as much as I do now.

I open my eyes to see a frantic Nandini in front of me. Her eyes are wide and she is in so much shock. She pushes me not so lightly and attempts to get up but only to fall down again due to the rug beneath her legs. After a failed attempt, she finally gets up and moves away from me and the couch. All this happened in a split second. After she got up, I finally looked over to the door to see who the fuck has interrupted us.

I saw and not to my surprise, I saw it was Cabir standing there with a proud fucking smirk on his face.

"Oops! I didn't know you guys were preoccupied by things." Cabir said, laughing a little at the end only to make me angrier.

"Hi Cabir." Nandini greeted him politely.

"At least somebody greets me like this. Because I know for sure that I'm going to get beaten up the second you leave this living room." Cabir said, while looking at me.

I give him a death glare. He always has had the worst timing. He is that annoying ass friend who is always up to something. You can never predict what he is ever going to do. People say that I'm mysterious. No, just meet my friend and you'll forget me. He has this insane amount of energy when it comes to pissing me off and doing things that I don't like.