CHAPTER FIVE

NANDINI'S POV

I must have forgotten to draw the curtains yesterday. That's why the sunlight woke me up. I opened my eyes lazily. I didn't know when I slept yesterday night. There were a lot of birds in the balcony, which brought a smile on my face. I got up from the couch and stretched a little. My back was on fire. Probably because of the night sleep on the sofa but it was better than sleeping to the floor. I had to set up my bed today, anyhow.

I went in the balcony and breathed the Mumbai air. It was definitely not as fresh as Manglore air, but there was something which made me like it. Birds were chirping, happily. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the weather. It was not too sunny. I thought it would rain today. I was sitting on the couch type of thing in the balcony. I was so engrossed in the scenario that I didn't hear the main door open. I felt someone sit beside me. I jumped in panic and opened my eyes, to see Manik sitting beside me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But I couldn't find you in your room or bathroom or anywhere so I was worried." He said.

"You always scare me. Tell me something I don't know." I mumbled under my breath, not wanting him to hear that.

"I heard that. But its okay, I deserve that."

I just nodded and got up to leave. I was about to go inside the living room when he grabbed my hand again. I winced because he had hurted it yesterday. He looked at me worriedly.

"What happened? Who did this, doll face? Did you hurt yourself, Nandini?" He ranted.

He doesn't even know that he has done it then what's the point in apologizing. I remained silent and just looked at him. After a minute, realization strikes him. His eyes widen by the damage he has caused.

" I-I did it. Oh god! How can I be so ruthless. I didn't mean to, Nandini. I am sorry."

"You have said sorry a lot of times now, Manik. But the question is do you really mean them? Honestly, I don't even care now. It was my mistake that I even try to befriend you. I was stupid to do everything. I thought you were really nice behind your façade. But I am absolutely wrong. But now that I know that this is who you are then, we will go according to your plan, okay? Neither will I bother you or come in your way nor will you. We are just two strangers sharing a space." I spoke, angrily.

I freed myself from his hold and was about to go inside when he spoke "I will go, you don't have too. Relax here or whatever shit you were doing."

I didn't argue with him because I couldn't stand him anymore and on top of that, I was the one who came here first. After a few minutes, I decided to go back inside and do my morning routine. I went inside but didn't find Manik so I thought he must be in his room. I went to mine, took out my outfit for the day and went inside the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then got ready for a relaxing bathe. I stripped my clothes and started my bath.

I started thinking things. Amms always told me that there is a reason behind everything. She told that people act like they do due to some reasons. My mind drifted to thoughts of Manik. And how maybe he also has some reason for his coldness towards me and others. That guy can scare the shit out of a person only by looking at him. His piercing stare would want you to dig your own grave. But he never opens up to people, let alone me. He has so high walls that even if someone who wants to climb them, that person will quit halfway.

He is intimidating, no doubt. I even want to know him but he will never open up. I knew it the first time I saw him but I thought to give it a try but after yesterday, I don't even want to try. His anger is something I don't ever want to witness again.

I didn't realize that I was standing in the shower for half an hour now. I quickly started wiping myself off. Ugh! Manik Malhotra what are you doing with my head?