CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : Kho Gaye By Taaruk Raina

Happy Reading :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, Cabir and Navya went to their home. Dinner was a chaos with Cabir and Navya constantly trying to roast the fuck out of each other. There was a constant quarrel between the two of them, trying to prove the other person wrong even when both of them are wrong. The highlight of the dinner for me was Nandini's constant laughter. That was the only reason stopping me from kicking those two out of the house. I was only focusing on her, she even caught me literally gawking at her, but who cares! I was going to look at her anyways.

After they went home, Nandini went to her room to change, then we watched some movie. After that, she went to sleep. Although I was reluctant to let her go, I had to because I didn't want to sound or seem too clingy. Even I went to my room after she went to hers. My room is completely opposite to hers, it's more black and grey comparing to her whites. This is again contrasting about us, the colors that we like and the personality that we have is completely different. She's someone who'll want everyone to like her, whereas I'll be fine if everyone hated me other than her and Cabir.

I lay on my bed thinking of her. Just when I was about to close my eyes, I heard my phone go off. I saw that the person calling me at this time was Dhruv. I, instantly rolled my eyes when I looked at his name pop on my phone. I picked up the call nonetheless.

"Hi Manik, sorry not sorry to disturb you at this hour but boss needs you to see you immediately."

I didn't let him speak anything else because I cut the call mid-sentence. I had no motivation to go see that mother fucker. So, a little background about me, I work for a gang which basically does what all gangs do, that is sell and buy drugs and hurt people. But as of me, I've never had any kind of drugs or killed even a dog. I wanted to leave that place as soon as I could but I couldn't because of my contract, which ended after a year so up until that time I was stuck. I joined this gangs and all because one night I was just walking down the road when somebody attacked me for some money and I immediately tackled him. That's when my boss saw me and offered me to join his gang. I was in a very fucked up position at that time because my father had died and my step mom was just a bitch about it. She started calling other men home when it had only been 5 days since my dad had died. That is why I absolutely hate her. So, all in all, that is why I am where I am.

I've always wanted to escape this shit place because now all of these drug dealings and fighting are taking a toll on me and my mental health. It even did at first but at that time my dad's death and its grief had more power over me so I continued in the gangs. Also, now I have another reason to quit all this which is Nandini. I don't want her to be in constant fear of other people and most of all, of me. She's someone who gets scared easily so when she'll find out about this, I just don't want her to feel unsafe with me. 

Reluctantly, I went to change and get ready to go out. I exited the house careful not to make any noise and trying my best to not wake Nandini up. But just when I was about to go out of the house, I heard Nandini's door open. Fuck this!

"Manik?" She called for me.

I turned around and looked at her. There she was, standing near her door with messed up hair and that cute sleepy face, almost making me want to cancel whatever I had been called for and just be with her, but I resisted that urge and tried to stay firm.

"Where are you going at this time?" She asked.

"Cabir called me right now. He said that he wanted to have a boys night out so I have no other option than to go with him. As much as I want you to come with us, I don't think you'll enjoy it. That's where I am going at this time."