CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

MANIK'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: In Luv With U by Finn

Happy Reading :)

---------------------------------------------------

The next day, I woke up without any alarm. Can you believe it? No? Neither can I, but you don't need an alarm to wake you up when you haven't slept for practically the entire night. I went to the do my morning routine and then went out, in search of Nandini.

Mornings don't feel like mornings if I don't see her. It had become a routine for me to see her in the morning and that's when it would actually be morning for me.

I went out to see Nandini almost burning herself. She is the clumsiest person you'll have ever met. She can manage to trip on the tiniest things. It's funny sometimes but times like this, it's worrying me. She gets hurt easily. She will not show it but I can tell by her face. It's easy to make out now, she'll be quite but she will not cry. Her eyes will be puffy and a cute puppy face will form on her face. Her lips will start quivering and she'll try her best not to breakdown in front of people.

Nandini seemed a little off since yesterday night, which is unusual. I tried to ask her a couple of times but she dodged it each and everytime so I stopped asking her, not because I don't care but because I respect her space. And she won't be able to forget the thing that is bothering her if I constantly keep asking her. So I let her be.

I had to meet Cabir today, not because we had to work but because I wanted some advice from him. I know that might be a little astonishing but Cabir can be mature when he wants to be and his advices are pretty good, not gonna lie.

I was making tea for Nandini, she came and hugged me from behind. That thing stole my heart and I was sold at that time. It was like something that I am unable to describe.

You know when somebody whispers assuring words to your ear. It was just like that. It was almost like a whisper of assurance that she's fine and we are fine. It was as in she was whispering into my ear, trying to tell me that she was there for me and that I will never be alone. As if she was trying to tell me all this through that hug.

This feeling of having someone like this and that person are beyond all the treasures of the world. No amount of money or richness will get you this. And no matter how much money you have, if you don't have someone whom you can share your journey with, there's always be a missing element to your life which will be like a void which can never be filled until you meet that one person who somehow will magically fill that void with happiness without you even knowing it.

After our little hug session, I headed out. Although, it was a little difficult to leave her, I needed to talk to my friend and figure this out otherwise in no time I would go insane.

I reached Cabir's apartment and went inside because I have the spare keys. His apartment is completely opposite of mine. His apartment is very vibrant. It was a mixture of sage green, lilac and some other bright colors. He went for a little old vide. He had gone for wooden flooring. It had a pleasant aura. His mom loved vibrant colors so when he bought this house, he renovated it and changed everything in the house to how his mom liked it. Because he always wanted his mom to be present with him and this was his way of making her presence feel and honoring that house in her name.

I heard the shower running indicating that the stinky shit was in the shower. I sat on the couch and looked through my phone. I was engrossed in that so I didn't hear the shower go off.

"WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!!!" I heard Cabir shout. I looked up to see his horrified face as he was clutching his towel that was wrapped around his waist.