CHAPTER FIFTEEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: None. Couldn't find any related to the chapter 😅

Happy reading people :)

----------------------------------------------------

"You know, I think penguins are cute."

My eyes widened as I heard this come out of Manik's mouth and so did his. I couldn't help but blush at this comment. This was the first time anyone, except my parents or Amms, has called me cute.

I was just looking at dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say and so did he. He was also just looking at me. Knowing him, I knew that I had to speak first.

"Uhh what?"

He cleared his throat and spoke. "Are you a Penguin?"

"Umm no." I said.

"Haa then I said penguins are cute and you are telling that you're not a penguin so how can you be cute? Don't get your hopes up." He said.

I thought it was a but rude. But I didn't care much because I didn't expect him to find me cute. I knew he was just playing with me.

"Ohh right. Elephants are cute you know but you're not. You are that jumbo not so cute elephant who is always angry and extremely moody." I said.

"Oh wow, penguin. Nice way of taunting me there. But I don't care, this is who I am and you don't have to get used to it because you don't have to bear with it forever." He almost snapped at me.

I don't know what his problem is. He is so damn confusing. One minute he is worried for me, taking care of me and in the next second he will be snapping at me. This was really frustrating. I didn't do any bad to him. So I decided to speak this time.

"What is your problem huh? Why are you so damn confusing everytime? If you have this much problem with me, don't come near me, don't take care of me, don't get worried for me. Leave. Me. Alone. I have been nothing but polite to you since the beginning but you have been rude to me ever since. I don't know why you are like this and I don't even want to know but can you at least try to be a friend? And if you can't do that, then get your ass out of my room!"

I vented out everything out. My eyes widened because I don't get angry so easily and I haven't spoken like this with anyone. I looked at Manik to see that he was also equally shocked. I folded my hands and waited for him to speak. He didn't so I gestured my hand to the door indicating him to get out.

He stared at me, shook his head and spoke.

"I am sorry." He spoke.

I was shocked to hear a sorry from him. I didn't think he would apologize. Before I could speak anything, he spoke again.

"I know I am behaving badly with you-"

"Bad nahi, worse."

"Ok let me speak now. I know I am behaving badly with you since the beginning but I'm not used to people trying to be friend me. I don't open up to people easily, Cabir must have told you this because I know you have met him. I don't know if I'll be your friend or not but I'll try to be a good person to you. I'll try to be your friend but it may take time for me to adjust to all this. Okay?"

He finished his speaking. I was happy that at least he was trying to be civil for once. I had a huge smile on my face at that time. This was the first time, I was smiling like this when I was with Manik.

I grinned at him and brought my hand out for him.

"Okayy. Friends?" I asked.

He brought his hand out and shook it with mine. "Friends."