CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : Gul By Anuv Jain

Happy Reading :)

---------------------------------------------------

We reach home from college and Cabir also accompanies us since he wanted to eat what Manik made for lunch. Manik disagreed at first but eventually gave in.

The car ride was a chaos. Manik and I like to listen to slow songs and Cabir is completely opposite. He blasted 'Symphony' by Clean Bandit and all we could hear was Cabir singing. He was singing the song on top of his voice. Although I liked the song, I had no capacity to sing it after my first day of college. Manik was frustrated and Cabir knew it so he sung the song even louder just to irritate him a little more. I couldn't help but giggle at that moment because of which I earned a glare from Manik.

Upon reaching to our apartment, I just crashed on our sofa. Even though the first day of college was not too hectic, I was very tired and ready to sleep. Manik came and sat next to me. He purposely sat a little far from me.

"What? Why are you sitting so far??" I asked him.

"Because I want to." He said with a smile.

I shifted closer to him, took his hand and wrapped it around my shoulder and snuggled closer to him.

"I thought you needed a little space. That's why I kept a little distance."

"Who told you that?"

"I assumed so."

"Right. Your assumption is wrong. I never need space from you, okay? All I want is to be near you, all the time."

"All the time, huh?" I just nodded at that.

"Why did you think I needed space from you?"

"I don't know, I have never been like this before so I don't really know much about all this. People have always wanted to stay away from me so it feels surreal sometimes that you never want to be away from me or require space from me. Not that I don't want to be near you, but it just feels very new, you know." He said.

That is when I realized that all this man wanted was attention and affection. People have misunderstood him so much that he has made that perception for himself. He just lets people believe what they see from outside because no one ever tried to see what's inside. 

"See, that's what other people think, not what your penguin does. I know that Manik is so much more than just an angry and always irritated person. Also, I like being close to you. I actually feel the safest when I'm close to you. Maybe it's too early to start feeling that, but it's true. I feel like nothing can hurt me or harm me if I'm near you. So why will I need space from someone I'm safe with?" I looked up at him.

Our faces were really close to each other, so close that I could feel his breath on my face. He smiled widely at me and then looked at my lips. He started leaning in a little and so did I.

"Manik when are you going to start cooking? I'm hungry-oh shitt. I'm soo sorry!"

We heard Cabir say, loudly. Thanks to Cabir, all our moments got ruined. Sometimes Manik is right, Cabir is more irritating than him. 

"You are not getting anything for lunch. I suggest you to just fuck off."

"What? Why? So you two can continue what you two were about to do? Of course not. I'm hungry and you two get a lot of alone time so you can continue it some other time. Get up and make me some food, Manik." Cabir said.

Manik got up and went to the kitchen. "Ouch" I heard from the kitchen. "Suits you." That was Manik. I knew Manik must have hit him. I shook my head and went to change. After that, I had lunch with both the idiots constantly bickering. 

After having lunch I went to my room, talked with Amms for a while and then took a fat nap. I had intended to sleep only for like 30 minutes but ended up sleeping for 2 hours straight. That's very common for me, nobody will be surprised.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Manik said as soon as I came out.

I rolled my eyes and just went and hugged him. And, I could sleep again. This was even more comfortable than my bed. I was about to sleep when I heard Cabir speak.

"Hello Nandini. I'm still here and you two need to cut down your PDA when I'm around because I feel single. Also, Manik has given you a perfect name. You actually walk like a waddling penguin." He started laughing after that and so did Manik. 

"Excuse me! We are on the same team. You can't make fun of me, at least not in front of him."

"Oh and by the way I don't walk like that." I added.

"Sure you do." Both of them said at the same time.

After a while we decided that Cabir would stay at our place for dinner and we would even call Navya. Cabir did not want that but Manik ignored his pleas and finally settled on calling her too.

After a while, she arrived and was not happy with Cabir being there. Neither was Cabir so both of them fought for sometime but then eventually gave up. We then decided to go out for dinner so all of us went to get ready.

For dinner, we went to some Italian restaurant. We had decided to go try some street food but Manik did not want to, saying that it was 'un-hygenic'. 

Then we came back home and we all are now sitting in our porch area. The setup is very cosy. The fairy lights are on. Manik and I are sitting together with my back pressing his chest (back hug situation.) He was occasionally giving he head kisses and was playing with my fingers, as he did so.

Cabir and Navya were fighting over something as usual. But we were too busy and caught up in our little moment to stop them.

After a while Cabir got up and went inside and started some soft songs on the TV. He came back and dragged Navya out of the balcony.

"I don't only know how to ruin moments, i even know how to make them. So have fun you two. But not too much fun." Cabir said and left. Manik and I chuckled.

"So what will we do?" Manik asked.

I got up and gave him my hand. He looked at me sceptically but got up.

"Let's dance. The music is great."
I suggested.

"Noo. I don't know how to dance and neither do I like it."

"Remember something you've said. I like everything that i do with you." I smiled at him.

"Don't use my lines like that, okayy?" He rolled his eyes.

"You don't have to dance, literally. Just sway a little I guess and you're done."

He put his hands on my waist while i kept mine on his shoulders, around his neck. My head rested on his chest.

And just like that everything just disappeared. The fact that we were standing in a porch and there maybe a lot of people looking at us did not matter anymore.

All that mattered was, us.

--xx--

Hello people,

How are you'll doing? Here's Chapter 27 for you all. Hope you people liked it. Do share your views on the chapter.

Thank you for reading 💜

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT!

~Maitri.