CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG : TERE BINA BY KASHYAP

Happy Reading :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed by in a blink of an eye when I was with Manik. You know the phrase that says, 'time passes by fast when you're enjoying your time.' Yeah well, I am experiencing all of that right now. Everyday we go to college, come back home, eat and cuddle for a bit and then do some work, have dinner, then watch a movie and sleep. For some people it may sound boring but to us it was a routine and we enjoyed doing that.

Even though we did the same thing everyday, I was still excited to go home from college and do everything that we do together. Somedays, we even go for night walks. It takes me a lot of time to convince him to come walk with me but my puppy eyes are my weapon and they always work on him. The night walks are actually very special because we talk about everything. And even though there are a lot of people around us, somehow it all just doesn't exist.

I hadn't talked to Amms for quite some time now, so I decided to call her today, even Manik was not home so there was no one to disturb me. Because Manik simply loves to annoy me when I'm on my phone or on call with someone. I called her and she immediately picked up the call.

"Oh look who finally has the time to call!" She taunted, lightly.

"I've been busy Amms but I have always wanted to call and talk to you. You have always been on my mind. Sorryyy, Amms." I apologized.

"It's okay, my girl. I knew you would have been busy that's why even I didn't call you as it could disturb you."

"Hey! Don't say that you can never disturb me like that. Don't even think before calling me. If you want to call then you can call me at any time."

With that, we began our usual talks. She asked me what was going on and I asked her what was happening back at home. That is when I realized how much I missed home. How much I missed sitting in our garden, talking with Amms, just going out on walks and enjoying the simplicity of life, back home. As much as I like Mumbai, nothing can beat the feeling of home. Manglore has this feeling of calmness which Mumbai can never give me. Although there's Manik here to make Mumbai a little less miserable but nothing can beat a long hug by Amms. I am big home-body, so to say.

My thoughts got interrupted by Amms speaking something and more importantly by the door opening. There stood Manik with a box of pastry in his hand and a smile on his face. I was shocked to say the least because Amms didn't know that I lived with a guy and I certainly didn't want her to find out this way.

"Who is it, Nandu? You have given your keys to anyone?"

Manik was about to speak something when I gave him a look and he completely shut himself.

"No, I haven't given my keys to anyone. Its just that umm... Yeah! I had ordered some pasteries for myself and this is the delivery guy who came to deliver."

"He didn't even ring a bell?"

That's when I looked at Manik for some help or at least something in the lines of 'No ma'am I did ring the bell' but no, he stood there, clueless. He could have just gone from there but he just stood there with that idiotic smile on his face.

"Amms, he did ring a bell. Why are you inspecting all this so much? It's just a delivery guy."

"Nandu, you're alone there. Obviously I'll ask questions if the delivery guy didn't ring the bell."