CHAPTER TWELVE

NANDINI'S POV

CHAPTER SONG: GAMES BY LENNON STELLA

Happy Reading :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked up to see a worried looking Manik...

I was shocked to see him in the apartment right now. He is never home. I raised my brow and looked at him. His face showed so many emotions. Anger, tiredness, worry. But why was he worried?

All of this happened so fast that I didn't get the time to speak anything. And before I knew anything, BAM! He hugged me. I was so shocked that I didn't reciprocate it for some seconds. As I wasn't reciprocating, his arms tightened around me. Then I hugged him back. He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck while inhaling my scent. It calmed him down a little.

I also buried my face in his chest. He was radiating so much warmth. Even though the sun was on our heads and his warmth was added, I didn't feel like detaching myself from him. I was still crying. His shirt was probably soaked by now. But I couldn't help but break down in his arms. I closed my eyes and savored the moment.

After a few minutes, which felt like hours to me started to pull away from me. That's when realization struck me. Why did I hug him back? Duh, cause you are an idiot. My brain said. He finally pulled away. I, for some unknown reason, missed his warmth just within few seconds him pulling away.

I kept my eyes closed because I didn't want to see his face right now. I felt him brush the few strands of my hair away. I slowly opened my eyes. I looked at him to again see worry but he was a little bit relaxed. He just kept staring at me so I decided to speak.

"Manik what ha-" but I was immediately cut off.

"What were you thinking before coming here huh? I went to the house to find no one there. Do you even have the slightest idea as to how worried I was. I really thought something happened to you. You are really stupid." He scolded me.

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst. I didn't know why was he so worried. I was just in the garden.

"Manik listen –"

"What listen? How can you be so careless? I was about to call Rahul to ask for help to find you. I even came here in the garden. Who the fuck sits in such a deserted place in the garden? There are so many places available. I really thought you went somewhere. Fuck." He said. His voice softened at the end.

I smiled a little at his worried face. He looked really cute. His whole face was red and his breathing was heavy. His hair was really out of place which made him look even more handsome. I decided to tease him a little.

"Aww is the Monster Manik Malhotra worried for me? That's a first. I should definitely do all this frequently." I said with a teasing smile.

His eyes darkened when I mentioned that I should do this again. He looked at me with a blank face.

"Not funny." He said.

Then he looked at me properly. He saw some tears in my eyes because I was crying. His eyes immediately softened. He brought his hand near my face and caressed my face. He wiped the tears.

"What happened, dollface?" He asked softly.

I thought that should I tell him or not. Because if I tell him I know he will get super angry on that lady. And on top of that I don't want him to ruin his relationship with Amaya.