Chapter 6

(Authors note: I've published this on ao3. It has the same name, except it just has more improvements. Please go check it out on there if u want. I don't really mind either way. Btw, thank you so much for all the views! How did I get so many, lol. I'm very grateful for u all. ❤️❤️.)

Hours had passed by and Katsuki had fallen into a dreamless, uncomfortable slumber.

 During the last few hours, his parents and the two ambulance members had to take full control of the situation.

He was hauled into his room and forced to lie in the cold to cool him down. They had also placed several different cold, water-soaked tea towels over his head to bring his temperature down.

The first half hour of the horrible experience, Katsuki was shivering in his sleep and worrying his mother to no end. After that, his temperature went down considerably, but both of his parents felt too nerve wracked to dare lay him under his bed blankets. Both Mitsuki and Masaru felt a sense of guilt wash over them as the day slowly passed by.

They did their own things, but both regularly checked up on their son, and although the people that came in the ambulance left a while ago, Mitsuki couldn't help but feel as if anything could, at anytime, head south, and they would need them back.

Eventually, Bakugou woke up, and after 5 minutes of thinking he overslept and was REALLY late for school, all his memories from that morning flooded his head, and he felt nauseous. How could he let himself splay such weak actions?!? 

Without realizing it, he had spent a good 6 minutes berating himself for falling ill, as his mother barged in with a shocked expression shown on her face.

"Katsuki! You had me so worried, you little brat! Never do that to me again!" She ran over to him with her arms outstretched and tackled him in a forceful hug.

Katsuki sat on his bed, stiffening up at the touch of his mother. Now, although he knew his mother loved him and wanted to show affection, he felt odd touching her... In fact, anyone for that matter! He had never been a touchy person, and the fact that he was touched starved only made the situation feel more off. He didn't know if he wanted to latch onto her or push her off of him...

"Old hag... Get off me. What are you doing?" 

"It's good to see you are still the same old Katsuki I've always loved!"

Although he should've felt happy at those words, he felt even more like a disgrace, he didn't deserve those words of affection in his opinion. Still, he made a vow to be the best he could, and that meant for his family too.

"Yeah." He responded dryly.

"I'm going to get you some lentil soup from downstairs, be back in a second honey!"

As his mother turned around to head for the soup, Katsuki cringed at the mention of food. He didn't want to break his streak...

A few minutes later his mother arrived back up with a steaming hot bowl full of soup on a cute little tray.

"Sorry it took a while, I had to heat it in the microwave for a bit"

"Sorry old hag, but I don't really have an appetite at the moment, I'm really tired... Can I sleep for a couple hours, then eat?"

Mitsuki's face fell and she mumbled a small, "OK, honey.."

She definitely knew something was up, but didn't have a clue as to what could've sparked his absent appetite, but all the same, she headed downstairs to the living room with the still full bowl of soup in the tray.