chapter 12

(Authors note: This is a filler chapter, so its kinda boring. trigger warning for mention of weight loss.)

Kirishima sat in his bed, phone in hand, and thought deeply about everything.

First off, Covid. It was preventing so much, and not in a good way. It was keeping people in their houses 24/7 and causing many people to die daily.

Second off, school. It was so confusing to do everything online. He wasn't used to doing homework and school work digitally. Also, he didn't have Bakugou to help him with stupid algebra.

Speaking of Bakugou, it was common knowledge within the whole of 1-A that something was going on with him. Mina and Hagakure had decided to make a snapchat group concerning it, with select members of 1-A in the chat. Everyone could tell that there was something.... just off about the blonde, ever since the first few months after lockdown began. And of course, lockdown had a bad effect on many people's mental health! But that didn't invalidate Bakugou's situation at all! The groups most recent topic was on how Bakugou seemed to be acting more normal, but then Midoriya brought up Bakugou's continuing weight loss. It was obvious that things weren't magically better, and as Bakugou's number one friend and number one simp, it was his duty to be Bakugou's rock. But that job was hard when Bakugou would repetitively refuse it. It wasn't very manly of him, but what was Kirishima supposed to do? He couldn't help someone that didn't even want to acknowledge they needed help, although Kiri desperately wanted to be of help to Katsuki.

Slumping into a depressed looking posture, he sighed vocally and ran a hand through his unstyled hair.

Brows slightly furrowing, he decided to go on earlier mentioned group chat, and complain about his worries on there.

Manly man: Hey guys!

Alien queen: What's up Kiri?

Shouto: Hello.

Manly man: I'm really worried about Bakubro.

Midoriya: We all are, Kirishima. I've been really anxious about it...

Shouto: I think we can all agree that something is wrong with Bakugou. Perhaps his dad is like mine?

Can't stop sparkling: Bakugou is very mysterious. *insert sparkling emoji's*

Invisible girl: I can always sneak into his house and spy on him? I promise to report everything.

Alien queen: OMG! Yes! We should totally get Hagakure to spy on him!

Manly man: Umm. Let's NOT do that.

Midoriya: I agree with Kirishima on this one. We shouldn't invade Kacchan's privacy!

Iida: As class rep, I believe we should be completing homework as of now, not debating on whether to break into Bakugou's house or not. This is very irresponsible of you guys. I had more faith in my classmates than this.

Yaoyorozu: I have to agree with Iida on this one. I do agree that we should be concerned with our classmate's wellbeing, but we should also be invested in our school lifes'. To become pro's, we need to have decent grades.

PIKAPIKA: Wait-

PIKAPIKA: We have homework?!?!

Tape dispenser: Oml, you dumbass.

PIKAPIKA: It's not my fault I forget things easily!

Can't stop sparkling: Monsieur, it was common knowledge that we have homework due this afternoon.

PIKAPIKA: Well, that's me out.

Alien queen: Bye.

Midoriya: Bye.

PIKAPIKA: Bye!

Manly man: But dudes, what are we supposed to do if Bakubro won't talk to us and/or open up to us?

Tsukuyomi: I don't know. I also need to complete my homework. Good-bye.

Alien queen: Yah. I think we all need to do it. Haha. BAI!!

Manly man: Yeah. Ttyl.

Kirishima left the chat with no answers to what he should do and the information that he also had homework to complete. He sighed deeply and sulked over his phone, watching tiktoks.

Knock, knock. He turned his head to see his mum standing by his door with a curious look on her face.

"Hi mum. Is something wrong?"

She shook her head in response and added, "I think I should be the one asking you that."

He sighed solemnly for the third time that afternoon and admitted, "I've been feeling pretty bad because my friend is going through some shit and I don't know how to help him."

She raised an eyebrow at that and walked over to sit beside her son on his bed. "Son, I think that you should take care of yourself over anyone, but if you are really worried, try to bring on the conversation between you and your friend slowly so as not to upset him. You never know what he is comfortable speaking about."

"Yeah... I'm just really worried about him! Helping him is the manliest option!"

"Alright son. But come down for dinner soon. We're having Lasagne."

Nodding him head briefly, his mum game him a small peck on his forehead and left the room.

Well, the 'help Baku' group chat was dying, so he had to reach out to him by himself. He could do it! How hard could it be to talk to an emotionally stunted boy that won't show emotion other than anger in front of others and get him to open up about his problems?

VERY hard infact.