Chapter 18

(authors note: hi. trigger warning for the usual stuff. I'm sorry about the writing quality, i've been trying to improve it by writing these fanfictions and trying to get chapters out quicker, but yanno, life exists. i hope you enjoy, please don't mind the mistakes.)

The next morning, Bakugou woke up with a jolt at the sound of his alarm. His bones felt heavy and his eyes almost felt glued together. Squinting his eyes, he reached over to his phone and pressed snooze, he just needed a little more sleep, he told himself.

30 minutes later, he found himself lying in bed eyes wide open, the alarm already been turned off long ago. It's not that he wanted to skip school, it was that he had no motivation to even get out of his bed, or even move at all.

To be honest, he couldn't even find the motivation to sort out his dorm room, it looked odd with all his things packed away in boxes on all corners of the room. The only things unpacked were his old clothes from the previous day and his toiletries.

Groaning uncomfortably, he forced himself to get out of bed and reach into a stray suitcase, digging around for a new pair of underwear and his school uniform.

Once he had put everything on, he was well aware he had 5 minutes to drag his ass into class. Quickly, spraying some deodorant on, he left his room, dragging his heels behind him, slowly making his way groggily to class.

By the time he arrived, it was late enough for the whole class to already be there, and all turn their heads at the sight of their fellow class mate strutting into the room indifferently.

He was slightly scolded by the teacher before Aizawa continued with his 'welcome back speech' (if you could even call it that).

"Ok class, as I was saying, you will be doing classes like normal, except in communal areas, where people, that you do not dorm with, stay, you will practice social distancing and wear face masks. You will also wear face masks in corridors. Because we don't want everyone to move around classes too much, as to prevent the spread of covid. There will be one classroom each form class will stay in for the majority of their school day, and the different teachers will be traveling from class to class. Also, your time tables will be different from your 1-A timetables, as you are now in the second year. Just to let you all know; hero training classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. What lucky students, you all have hero training today then."

The whole class was silently listening, until that piece of information was revealed. The students were all groaning and moaning about having to train after lazing around in their houses for months.

A select few students weren't as unhappy, since they had previously trained during lockdown, and were more prepared. One of those students was Bakugou. He had obsessed over training his muscles for months on end now. Though he wouldn't admit it, he had slept on it for the first few months of lockdown.

"Shush class, you have no say in this, and as I can hear, you all aren't prepared. How are you supposed to become heroes like that? Because of this, your training will be extra hard to catch up with, because of what you have missed. If you don't relent and work past your limits, you might be up to standard in the next month or so. But to reach that standard, you will be doing hardcore training."

Some student's mouths dropped down to the floor and others yelled, "A month or so of really hard training!?!"

After he heard that, Bakugou became slightly more anxious. What if he wasn't fit enough to be able to handle all that training, what if his classmates saw that, and thought he was weak? No. He couldn't present as weak to anyone. He was fully capable and he was going to let the whole class know.

The next two classes passed in a blur, Bakugou was grateful for getting his daydreaming act together during online class, or else he knew he would've been struggling a lot, like the bunch of losers in his class, that already were.