chapter 15

(authors note: sorry that i've been away for so long. I kind of been feeling depressed bc of all my school work and everything. Anyways, trigger warning for the usual. enjoy.)

Recently, the lockdown had been lifted, but there were still heavy restrictions, and the class 1A had decided not to meet up with each other (even with only a few people at a time) due to respect towards the situation and its effects on people. Speaking of people, there were people complaining for schools to open. And that's what led to the situation Bakugou found himself in.

No, it wasn't about the country, or the health of the people if they opened schools. It was about his own selfish wants.

He wanted to lose a good few more pounds before seeing his classmates and going out in public again. As he had determined before, he couldn't be a fat hero! If he stayed as fat as he was, he was going to totally flop as a hero, and since it had been a full academic year, he would only have 2 years to get skinny. But he felt ashamed to diet at school, because then they would all know he was insecure about how fat he was. But having the absolute shit government they did, he was sure that they were going to be let back in school by the time the next academic year had started.

Regarding the controversial school situation, each individual class in UA was going to join a call with their form teacher, who would then explain the plan for if they did open back up again.

The very call had been scheduled for that fateful afternoon, at 1pm.

Katsuki didn't want to have to deal with the call, and get reminded of how he could be forced to go back to school, looking like a fatass, but he understood that he could miss out on some important information if he skipped it.

Bakugou had put concealer on under his eyes before the call, hoping to get a few people off his tail.

Happy with how the concealer (he stole) did the charm of hiding his eye bags perfectly, he joined the call and texted Kirishima out of the view of his laptop's camera.

Shitty hair: Bakubro!

You: Hi ketchup hair.

Shitty hair: Another mean nickname huh? 🙁

You: Watcha gonna do about it?

Shitty hair: idk. I'm probably going to have to give you a piece of ur own medicine, huh, explosion boy?

You: Not that name again. Ugh!

Shitty hair: I don't know why you didn't make it your hero name. I mean, dynamight is awesome, but explosion boy is also super manly!

You: you saying you don't like dynamight, shitty hair?

Shitty hair: you know I'm joking lol

You: shut up. The call is about to officially start dummy.

Shitty hair: kk. Ttyl!

You: k

Katsuki looked back up at his monitor as Aizawa officially greeted the class of 1-A.

"Hello class. Now this call isn't going to be like other calls, as you guys have been previously informed. If you have been keeping up with the news, you know that our government are higly considering opening schools once again, after the massive lockdown. We also know that if we are opening schools again, it will be in September, and we will be starting a new year as normal. Academically, we will spend a month or so recapping......"

Furrowing his eyebrows, Katsuki tried to stop the turning in his stomach from distracting him from focussing on the call.

"As a school, we recognise that in the circumstance that we are going back to school, that covid-19 will not be gone, so we will be holding all the restrictions the government has made, tightly, and you will not be bending the rules at all. These rules could very well prevent the death of your fellow students. Also, unlike with the situation of the lockdown that began in march 2020, we will be taking extra measures incase we peak again and are placed back into another lockdown. So, you will be actually living in the dorms, and your education and training will be more accessible for the people that struggled with keeping up with those during the previous lockdown. Students whose parents are reluctant will be sent back home to do online homework, if another round of lockdown falls over us. Unfortunately, those students won't be able to attend live, online classes, so if they need help on their assigned homework, they will have to email us for help. We will be practicing social distancing at all times when we are opening schools back up. If we enter a new lockdown, since we live together, hero students will not have to social distance with other hero students, but with any other course/classes, you will be preforming social distancing."

Bakugou listened as he fidgeted with his fingers nervously. It was practically final that schools were going to open again, and with the state of their country, people were just anticipating another lockdown, so with their teachers actually having time to prepare, they had made it so they would be living together.

It was more practical, obviously, but still, Katsuki wished he had, even only a few more months, to get a few more pounds off him.

Maybe he could somehow convince his mother to let him stay home? No. That was never gonna happen. Not with a mother like his. The rest of the call felt blurry as Katsuki imagined himself drinking Uraraka's tea with his friends, in the fantasy world, as a way of comforting himself.

After the call had ended, he scolded himself, for allowing himself to slip back into his daydreaming habits.

The meeting ended, and Bakugou closed his laptop to stare at his blank wall wordlessly. He leaned back into his chair and brought a hand up to his chin, slightly over thinking the whole ordeal. Heck! The school had even made a PowerPoint of what was going to happen if schools opened, for anyone who had missed anything, or wanted to go over it again. It was practically official.

Bringing him out of his head a bit more, his eyes shifted to his phone that had made a loud pinging noise.

When he checked his notifications, he wasn't too surprised to see that it was Kirishima contacting him again after the lengthy call they had joined with their classmates and their teacher.

Shitty hair: Hey again!

You; mmm?

Shitty hair: Aren't you excited to go back to school?

You: well, its not official yet. You never know, it could turn around at any moment.

Shitty hair: Don't be such a glass-half-empty edge lord. It's basically going to happen. We can see each other again!!

You: Eh.

Shitty hair: Ok. Tell me what's up man? Why are you acting like this? Shouldn't you be happy about this?

Bakugou sighed at the screen. He got it; he really did! But he couldn't be happy with it. As much as he wanted to see the goofball named Kirishima, his eating disorder stood in his view and clouded his vision.

You : There isn't anything wrong Kiri. Stop worrying already. I need to go do chores, ttyl.

shitty hair: ok, fine, bye.

This situation was only growing worse by the second. Why did he keep getting into quarrels with his best friend? He was sick of himself at that point. But he couldn't help but push their concerns of him away. He didn't want any drama, and he knew that his little diet would cause a lot of that, if found out. So he never told anyone. Not even when he started tracking calories every day in an old notebook for school that never really got used.