chapter 26

(authors note: hi, i know you guys are probably mad at me. i mean, heck i havent posted a new chapter in agessss! im sorry, i really am, things in my personal life just feel like they're falling apart right now and i dont know what to do about it. the next few chapters are going to hopefully be more happy, but my twist is still in plan... hehehe. tw for the usual, please enjoy and leave comments!!)

Walking to the 1-A classroom the day (Monday), he checked his phone for a message from Kita, which he wasn't too surprised to have received.

At the arrival to the classroom, he sat at his desk and read the message.

Kita: hiya! It was so cool to see you at the shops!

Kita: A little birdy told me you got into UA. Tell me about UA pls!

Hmm, she seemed enthusiastic about UA. Perhaps she had seen him in the sports festival (which would unfortunately be postponed that year due to covid regulations).

: hey. Umm, UA is pretty cool. I get good opportunities and I can train to be a hero

Much to his surprise, he got a reply within 30 seconds.

Kita: what training do you do? You look very thin, does the training help with that??

: yeah, I guess it does, but I am trying to build muscle too. It just isn't seeming to work lately

Kita: yea, I did notice how you've lost a bit of muscle

Kita: is it your diet? Maybe you need more protein?

: yes, I guess it could be that, thanks for the advice.

Kita: no problem!

Kita sent a low-quality picture of her from a bad angle smiling goofily at the camera.

Was it usual to send photos over text? He had never done it before, but why not jump on Kita's bandwagon?

He sent a picture back, the same rough quality and camera angle, due to him holding it under his desk.

The photo looked kinda funny and he allowed a small chuckle. Maybe he and this girl could be friends.

------------------------------------

At lunch that day, he had not forgotten to get his celery.

It seemed to be a very popular food item on websites and weight-loosing-related internet shit.

He pulled out a plastic container from his school bag and carefully and slowly started to munch on it.

He hated the taste, but the texture scratched an itch in his brain so he continued to eat.

The crunchy noises made him feel weird but in a good way. Maybe he had found his new favourite food, which was weird considering... you know... the way he was.

It wasn't very normal for people like him to gain a favourite food? Was it? Usually, they just lost favourite foods, right?

Oh well, he didn't really care to be honest anyways.

His head was down the whole lunch time, zoning out peacefully, getting his phone out to message Kita back now and again, laughing at memes.

It was a pretty chill lunch.

He didn't notice the small crowd consisting of Todoroki, Mei, Uraraka and Deku staring and him and chatting away.

-------------------------------------------

Todoroki joined Deku to sit next to Uraraka and Mei a while ago, and he was only now finding out, when it was nearing the end of lunch.

He wanted to know about why Deku was desperate to search Kacchan's room. Obviously, Deku couldn't really give an answer.