chapter 30

(authors note: Hi i know its nearly been a month. sorry, ive been experiencing old emotions i didnt think would come back to me. i kind of want to off myself ngl bc things have been EXTREMELY shitty. but dw, i dont have the courage to, so im fine. anywyas here is the really short chapter i made you wait nearly a month for!! again im really sorry. i love u all <3)

Uraraka walked into the room whilst Bakugou stared at the ground, eyes lifeless.

"Tell me about whatever their shitty plan was, before I kick you out." Bakugou grumbled, palming his face with exasperation.

Having sat on the side of Bakugou's unmade bed, she patted the spot next to her as she prepared to tell him what happened.

Taking the seat, he sat waiting for her to just spill the tea already.

"Before you get mad, try to understand that they did it with their best intentions at heart..." He glared at her as if to say, 'hurry the fuck up.'.

Taking a deep breath, she built up the courage to snitch on her friends.

"They noticed... something off with you, let's put it... so they decided it best to take matters into their own hands. The thing is Bakugou, they planned to consistently annoy you until they ran out of people to bug you with, and if you didn't spill the beans... well they said they'd have to take their concern to Mr Aizawa."

Bakugou knelt over his knees, staring into nothingness.

He was tired. Too tired to have to deal with this.

The mental stress laid upon him threatened to shatter his already fragile exterior.

"I can't fucking do this, pink cheeks. If I continue, I'll fucking die of insanity."

"Bakugou-kun... I think you know what's going on don't you."

"Yes!! Of course, I fucking know!!! My dirty secret is out... And now I'm done for."

His voice cracked as he brought his hands to his eyes.

"Bakugou-kun... I- just..."

She stuttered over her words as she tenderly reached her hands over his shoulders and embraced him.

Having already grown weak, he let his head rest on her chest and cried into it as he gripped around her chest.

It gave him memories of when he stubbed his toe a little too hard as a kid, and he needed his mummy to kiss/hug him better.

Ugh, he was being so cringey...

"Shhh Bakugou, I'm here for you... You can tell me whatever you want to get off your chest before everything comes crashing down."

"I..." He sniffled in between breaths and words, "I didn't mean for it to get this bad... I- I just wanted to lose a little weight, and gain a little muscle. I had just lost track of my schedule during covid lockdown. I got lazy and tired. So... in attempt to fix things... I just ruined them more!!"

She held him closer, his rambling nonsense being even harder to understand, but he needed this comfort, and he needed to get it out, and besides, he wasn't completely in decipherable.

"Katsuki," she said, feeling a little more comfortable with addressing him with his first name, "You know, when I was a kid... I didn't have the money to eat the way I can now, in this massive school. It made me appreciate what I have more. Yet when I see people who look at food in a way like you do... It breaks my heart.

You reject food, and you break your body, to have this perfect image of yourself, yet it's never enough, is it? It makes me realise that this thing we call living, something that we do with the help of food, is forsaken, by the standards that people have for themselves. In this society, even keeping ourselves alive, is hard. I understand that you feel as if you may be underserving of food, or want to lose weight. Maybe you have an addiction to it too. But you have to know, that no matter what you put or don't put in your body, you're deserving of food, and your body needs it to keep going on.

Fuel yourself, love yourself. Even though I understand it may be hard for you at the moment, don't give up. Challenge yourself. Eat a little more than the last day, for as many days as it takes for you to be eating three healthy balanced meals a day.

Forget about your weight. Forget about the calories. Distract your mind. Stay present and don't lose connection with your loved ones over this dreadful disease.

Also, just so you know, they plan to tell Aizawa on Monday, but forget that. Start your path to recovery now. I'll be here to lend a hand, and maybe even a shoulder if it gets tough.

Just remember, so many people love you, and wouldn't be able to cope in a world without you and your nicknames. Including me, to be honest, floaty girl or pink cheeks might be a cute hero name."

During Ochako's speech, he calmed down his crying, but he still clung onto her warmth, and her open arms, just needing that bit of comfort.

He didn't understand how he could re-enter the class 1-A group with normality ever again.

He was nuts. His brain was all muddled.

How would he still get the respect he got out of them now. With them all knowing he was a freak.

A freak with a phobia of weight gain. With an obsession of the scale.

More tears seeped into Ochako's already soaked shirt, as he tried to regain control of his haywire breathing.

They're all going to hate him now.

He's some stupid mental unstable kid with anger issues and a foul mouth.

There's nothing left of him that resembled his power, or as he was once called, a 'symbol of victory'.

Now he was more so a 'symbol of misery'.

Maybe he could convince his classmates not to tell Aizawa before Monday, and show them that he would eat.

Well, he had to now didn't he? If his mother found out... let's just say shit will go down.

Katsuki had a fear of confrontation, and he was not prepared to face it. Especially coming from his mother about... whatever was wrong with him.

"Alright Bakugou, we start eating properly tomorrow. Meet me for breakfast at 9, then do your training thingy, then come back to the kitchen for lunch. I will watch you eat at least half a plate of food. If you REALLY can't do it, I won't push, but once you've downed the food. I'm going to have to ask you to stay with me for at least an hour so I can see that you aren't... you know... throwing it up. Sound like a plan to you??"

Bakugou grumbled as a form of yes, dreading the next day.

He retracted from her warm bosom, thankful for the comfort she provided.

She stood up, admiring how much tears he was able to produce, the evidence all on her light pink t shirt.

"Right, I think it's best you go to bed now, this all must be really stressful."

He wiped away the moisture on his cheeks as he murmured "Yeah..."

Tomorrow was going to be one long day...

Or... perhaps he would eat his words?