chapter 28

(Authors note: Hi. sorry if i took a while. I love you all. Thank you for the support! It pushes me to finish this story. Trigger warning for the usual. featuring a lazy, depressed Katsuki and a cliff hanger.)

The next day Bakugou woke up to the greasy feeling of discomfort.

He picked up his phone as he turned his alarm off, alas, his attempts to distract himself from what happened yesterday failed and his eyes started to tear up.

What a failure he must be.

He was drained of energy and his eyes were crusty, his growing hair looking ugly in its bed head form.

He sat up as he aggressively rubbed the shit out of his eyes.

The smell of the spicy chicken was still strong in the air and Katsuki felt a strong urge to throw up his intestines.

Disgusting.

He felt completely discouraged, languidly messaging Kita back.

He wanted to give it all up. He couldn't keep up with this 'diet'.

It was destroying his social and personal life.

Not to mention he wanted to be able to binge once in a while without feeling like utter shit, but his diet was keeping him back from doing that.

In 'it's' eyes, all Katsuki needed to eat was enough to sustain and keep his body functioning.

If he really wanted to, he could go on a complete vitamin diet thing.

One of those ones that involved ONLY eating little vitamin thingys to make sure he had energy, but also stayed thin.

NO.

What happened to getting rid of the diet completely?!?

Who was he fooling? He knew he couldn't dig his way out of a hole this big.

He was trapped.

Last night's binge wasn't a step in the right direction, in fact, it was just a bigger shovel handed right to him.

He was too unhappy to do his workouts.

He didn't even want to go to school.

He just wanted to exist in his bed and be sad about his situation.

It was as simple as.

It didn't even matter if he missed today's workouts anyways because it wasn't hero training today, and he also had a lot of hero training to do at the weekend with Aizawa and his other classmates he forgot the names of.

After convincing himself to take the day of to lay in his depressing state, he messaged Iida to say he was ill.

He trusted Iida to get the message to Aizawa.

His first mission on his day off was to sleep in until like, 12.

And he did just that as he fell right bad into bed, not even changing clothes or following basic hygiene rules.

--------------------------

"Wait- Bakugou is taking today off?" Kirishima questioned as the breakfast in his mouth muffled his words.

"Yes, I'm afraid he called in ill." Iida reaffirmed.

Class 1-A all shared the silence falling over the crowd of people finishing up their breakfast.

The silence built up until Ashido broke it, "Now that Katsuki isn't here, can we address the elephant in the room?"

Suddenly the taboo subject of Katsuki broke free and everyone started to discuss it.