chapter 24

(Authors note: hi, it's been another long break, almost half a month, and I'm sorry. I did try to get it done quick, but my brain just went, fuck you. This chapter is around 4,400 words, i think. things are getting more and more suspenseful! Ahahah! trigger warning for the usual, a bit more overworking, or being forced to over work, and big time zoning out as an escape after the overworking. Enjoy! (p.s i did try to add a little fluff at the end, and the start is a bit flavorless, but I'm working with what I've got!))

It had been a week or two since Deku had finally established that he needed to make a plan, and he had most of the pieces of the puzzle sorted already.

He decided that weekend would be a good time to start the plan, as he had just learnt Kacchan had extra training, along with some of his other classmates, each weekend, and it was the perfect opportunity to snoop around in the blonde's room. Obviously, he hadn't got EVERYTHING sorted out just yet, but he was pretty close to having things sorted.

He made up his mind that he would involve Mei and Todoroki. Both of them were capable enough, and he trusted that he could invite them in the plan. He was 90% sure they would both agree. But that lingering 10% was like the clouds covering the sun. The sun being; everything going as planned, and them fleeing the crime scene knowing a bit more about the Kacchan situation.

Everything would hopefully go as planned, but if not, he needed a backup plan... And that back up plan had not yet been figured out yet... ok, ok, change of plans, he would tell Todoroki and Mei about his plan that weekend, and would go through with the plan the week after, if possible.

He didn't want to have to wait a decade to go through with the plan, but he didn't want to rush in unprepared.

You got to do what you got to do, right?

And that was exactly was Izuku was telling himself as he sat down next to Todoroki and Mei, who were eating brunch, preparing himself for the spilling of his plan.

"Hello, Midoriya!" Todoroki greeted. Mei looked up from her beans, bacon and hash browns and greeted Deku with a muffled 'hello', her mouth being stuffed with food.

"Hey you guys," Deku started out, "Would you two be interested in being involved in a ....... stealth mission of mine...?"

Izuku had a look of unsureness written all over his face, and it intrigued the two he had proposed the idea to.

"Hmm, well, it depends Midoriya. It can't be anything that would get you in trouble with school again... is it?"

Mei listened intently as the dual haired boy worked out the terms and conditions with Deku.

"It's not anything to do with villains, or anything that would get our butts in trouble with Mr Aizawa."

Todoroki almost looked surprised.

"If it's not to do with villains, what is it?"

"It's to do with a classmate I'm suspicious of."

This made the unusually silent pink haired girl (who was only quiet due to the food she was so fixated on) speak up, "Well, I think if it won't get us in trouble and it's going to be a stealth mission, it would be a great time to test out some of my babies!"

Izuku was glad to hear that Mei was enthusiastic, even if it was only her, he could still make this work!

"Is it a classmate you suspect to be the traitor?"

Izuku had to think very carefully to the answer of that question.

If he said no, Todoroki would want to know what it was about, and he couldn't just blurt out he wanted to see if Kacchan was starving himself or not, but if he said yes, that would buffer Todoroki's and Kacchan's relationship as classmates. He wasn't worried about Mei, he knew she wouldn't really care that much, but it would cause Todoroki to lose trust in Kacchan, something that is very valuable. What if Todoroki found out he was lying about Kacchan being the traitor? If he said yes to Todoroki's previously asked question, there was no doubt things would go to shit. Not to mention the aspect that Todoroki could possibly tell a teacher, and get Kacchan and himself into very serious trouble.