25. Reunion with best-bee-boi

Reunion with best-bee-boi
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you're THIS close to have a mental
break-down in the middle of a forest.
_____________________________________

-defective-aribot on tumblr

You practically flew up the stairs and into the hallway. There was only one door at the end of it, so you figured Tubbo would have to be in there. Unless of course he was hidden in a secret basement and you were about to burst into Schlatt's bedroom or something - you doubted it though.

You looked down at yourself to see that the invisibility effect had completely worn off - you were fully visible again. It was great to reunite with your body, but it also meant that you couldn't afford to run into anyone besides Tubbo.

You were about to knock on the door when you realized it might cause too much noise if Tubbo decided to shout "come in" or something - and therefore you just opened it carefully.

Relief filled your body when you saw it in fact was Tubbo's room you had walked into. The boy was sitting at his desk, his back facing you. You could see his brown hair and iconic green shirt behind a large chair. He was busy writing something, so he didn't turn around.

It was the first time you saw someone you actually knew since returning to Manburg. It was nice, and you felt the tight blanket around your heart loosen up a little.

You locked the door behind you, making sure Sapnap wouldn't suddenly burst in. And for a moment you just stared at Tubbo's working figure.

"What is it now, Schlatt?" Tubbo mumbled, sounding as tired as ever. He let go of his pencil and slowly turned around in his chair. It was a pleasure watching his eyes widen in surprise when they met yours.

"(Y-Y/n)!" He gasped once realizing it was you. Happy tears formed in his eyes as he sprung up from the chair, running towards your open arms.

"Tubbo." You laughed in relief. You smiled genuinely for the first time in what felt like forever, a warm feeling filling your body.

He practically flew into your arms so you had to take a step or two backward to keep balance. He buried his head into your shoulder and hugged you as if his life depended on it. You stroked his hair and closed your arms around him in a warm embrace. You had missed him more than you had realized.

"You're here. You're really here." Tubbo said on repeat and it sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he wasn't dreaming. It didn't take a long time for him to start rambling: "I-I'm so sorry. We were so stupid. We regretted ever doubting you right after you left. And when Dream told us the truth we felt even worse. We tried to find you again, but you were completely gone. We thought we had lost you-" The boy sobbed uncontrollably. It was hard to make out what he was saying, due to him talking directly into your shoulder.