47. Confrontation

Confrontation
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which, if Dream had a nickel for every time he's faked
someone's death, he'd have to nickels. Which isn't a lot,
but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
________________________________________

 Which isn't a lot,but it's weird that it happened twice, right?________________________________________

-Mithsd_on on twitter

   George's house, which by the way turned out to be a hobit hole, wasn't too far away from Manburg. In fact, you were already able to see the fighting figures in front of the podium after only 30 seconds of running. From this distance, it looked like they were fighting a common enemy rather than each other, but you couldn't be too sure.

   If you hadn't just realized that the world's biggest prick and your old friend, who you thought had died, was one and the same person, you probably would've looked closer. But unfortunately, you had just realized that.

   And you were quite triggered, to say the least. You were feeling everything and nothing all at the same time. So many emotions that they equaled each other out.

   You felt dumb. Humiliated. You can't believe how you could've been so oblivious. You had been a straight-up fool to search for someone who had been right in front of you. A person you had talked with countless times, and yet, you still hadn't been able to put two and two together.

   You felt beyond ashamed. He had been your best friend for over six years. How could you not have been able to recognize him? What, because he was wearing a mask? Bullshit.

   You felt angry. Angry at yourself, for again, being so oblivious. And angry at Dream for not telling you in the first place. For keeping it a secret. Angry, that he had made a fool out of you and led you to believe he was dead. He had manipulated you into thinking that Schlatt was the big bad guy, causing you to lose your mind, lose yourself. The possibility of you having killed an innocent man, despite that man being Schlatt, was haunting you. If it was you that had killed him, you wouldn't ever be able to forgive Dream - or yourself for that matter. Dream would've ruined your life.

   You were relieved that he was alive, but most of all, you were sad. Heartbroken, almost. You had always wanted to reunite with your old friend. It had been your biggest goal for the last five years, but now that you knew you had been reunited with him for several months, you weren't satisfied at all. Because the person you had searched for all this time, wasn't the person you had found.

   Dream was a villain. A murderer. A power-hungry hypocrite. He was everything you feared your friend would turn into. And therefore, a big part of you was still in denial. You didn't want Dream to be your old friend. You wanted it to be anyone but him. You didn't want to face the fact that Dream was so corrupted, he was beyond saving. You couldn't do anything for him anymore. It was like your only purpose had gotten taken away from you. Snatched right for your very eyes.