35. Dream gotta catch em' all

Dream gotta catch em' all
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which everyone turns against you,
But it's okay, gravity's got your back. No, literally.
_________________________________________

-Queentoriel on twitter

Your eyes shot open to see the back of a familiar green hoodie. As the devil sent from heaven, Dream was standing tall right in front of you, an axe and shield held high in his hands. You blinked a few times, as to check he wasn't an illusion, something your mind had made up because you were about to die. But when you realized it wasn't, you gasped.

So did Sapnap and George. "Dream!" They exclaimed happily, about to drop their weapons and hug him. They hadn't seen their green friend in a very long time and they had been worried sick. But then they remembered Schlatt was watching their every move, and they held themselves back, coughing awkwardly.

"Hey, guys." Dream gave them a small wave. Then he turned his gaze to you, lowering his voice into a whisper: "I told you not to return to Manburg. You don't know how much trouble you're causing me."

You didn't know how to answer that, but you didn't have to either. Dream returned his attention to Schlatt, his back faced to you. Schlatt looked as angry as ever.

You didn't know whether to feel relieved or scared, so you ended up feeling a mixture of both. It looked as if Dream had come to save you - after all, he was standing protectively in front of you with an axe. You felt a sting of happiness at the thought. You had looked forward to seeing the green bastard again, whether you liked to admit it or not. 

"I thought we had a deal, Dream." The president uttered slowly. His voice was filled with spite, eyes burning right into Dream's soul - but your green friend didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"We did." He responded. "But that deal involved (Y/n). And it doesn't look like you're keeping that part of the deal."

Your throat grew dry. Two of the most powerful people had made a deal that involved you? What was it about? And just how long had Dream been watching from the shadows, just waiting to interfere? Why hadn't he shown up sooner to help Tubbo?

"I wasn't going to kill her," Schlatt assured. His face was as red as his tie from anger, and his horns were curved perfectly around his ears, presenting the devil he truly was.

"That's wasn't what it sounded like."

Ponk and Purpled moved closer. They had their weapons held high, and you tugged Dreams sleeve to let him know.

How were you gonna escape now? With Dream, it would be far more difficult - you weren't sure if he was willing to die in order to help your friends. But you couldn't leave him behind, now that he had come to your rescue. You knew Dream was very skilled. The two of you might be able to take everyone on the stage out if you worked together. Then you could run back to Pogtopia, without no one being able to follow you.