32. Democracy, your ass

Democracy, your ass
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you practice social distancing
_________________________________

Democracy, your ass*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*In which you practice social distancing _________________________________

-Keoisnothere on twitter

Last night had escalated very quickly. It had quickly become an evening filled with threats, yelling, and misunderstandings. Techno had crossed the line and had nearly exposed you in front of Wilbur who you wanted to set a sane example for, and Tommy who you so desperately wanted to be a role model for.

Luckily for you, they hadn't caught on. Or well, lucky for Techno - because if they had, you wouldn't have hesitated to make bacon out of him.

You had heard him loud and clear, though - and you had stopped dead in your tracks. It hadn't been a discussion you wanted to take with him in front of the two others, so you had just walked back to your place. You hadn't talked at all afterward. No one plans a murder of a pig out loud.

Tommy and Wilbur had heard him too but they hadn't bought it. They just thought Techno was talking out of his ass in order to make you stay. It was the day before the festival, and they needed your help, after all. And besides, they knew perfectly well that killing someone was against all of your morals.

But they didn't know you at all anymore.

When you had first returned to Manburg, getting revenge on Schlatt had been your only goal. But then you had met Jack and Niki, and you had decided to help out your old friends along the way. To help Wilbur and Tommy get Manburg back.

But that desire to help out your friends had completely dropped to the ground last night. They had lied to you repeatedly and planted the TNT behind your back.

It wasn't like you held a grudge against them - you were used to all their lies. You weren't angry either. You had just simply stopped caring.

You couldn't care less about the welfare of Manburg or Pogtobia anymore. You didn't care, if you now had to go behind their backs to achieve what you wanted. Their move.

The only thing you cared about now, was justifying your friend's death. And that was going to happen soon.

There was even a slight chance it was going to happen today. You still didn't know how many lives Schlatt had left, but if he only had one, then maybe, just maybe...

You were angry at Techno. Sure. But that anger was constantly being overshadowed by your hatred of Schlatt, so you didn't feel it that much. You hadn't forgotten, though. What he nearly leaked last night wasn't acceptable in any way.

You were currently walking down the tunnel with him, Wilbur, and Tommy. None of you said anything. Techno, because he knew he had fucked up, Wilbur because he was busy being insane, and Tommy because he was nervous.