40. The calm before the storm

The calm before the storm
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you and your friends realize you had PTSD
And Techno goes "SURPRISEE SHAWTYY" on everyone
_________________________________________

The calm before the storm*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*In which you and your friends realize you had PTSDAnd Techno goes "SURPRISEE SHAWTYY" on everyone_________________________________________

-_mliuuu_ on twitter

So apparently, Quackity wasn't the only one who was joining Pogtopia. Fundy was as well, and as it turns out, he had secretly been on your side all along. He had been writing a "spy's diary" this whole time and used it as evidence, and to be fair, his story was actually believable. Which, of course, made you feel extremely bad. You had said some very harsh things to Fundy at the festival. You probably had to apologize for that later.

As for Quackity, Wilbur had greeted him with open arms. He hadn't questioned a single thing about how Quackity had just chosen to switch sides. Techno didn't seem to care that much, and Tubbo actually seemed relieved that he was here. He said, that Quackity had always been nice to him while he was in Manburg. Tommy and Niki however, weren't convinced at all. It took much of your time to convince them that Quackity was trustworthy, and in the end, they listened to you.

You had then all walked back to Pogtopia. Wilbur gave Fundy and Quackity a place to sleep, and despite everyone's friendly attempts to make the two boys feel at home, Quackity still refused to leave your side the following days. He was afraid that he would get assassinated by some of your friends who had secret agendas against him. You didn't really mind spending so much time with him, but it was still nice when, after a while, he was slowly beginning to feel more as a part of the gang and began to loosen up a little.

You got to apologize to Fundy as well. It had been an evening where you and he were assigned to make dinner together, and therefore you couldn't really avoid adressing the elephant in the room anymore. It was crazy how your mouth started running while cutting vegetables. You had said you were sorry about everything, to which he smiled and said you really didn't have to worry about it. He had then repeated his question from the festival, asking what the fuck was wrong with you.

Okay, he didn't word it like that, but the moral was that he had noticed you were acting odd. In fact, almost all of your friends had begun to notice that. They were worried about you.

And they had all been absolutely right. Your weird behavior, your sudden mood-changes, it had all gotten worse. You blamed the upcoming revolution. Doom's day was coming closer and closer, and you got more anxious by the second.

You felt really weird as well. You weren't really angry. In fact, you considered yourself to be pretty calm. But you most definitely weren't happy either. The best word you could think of to describe you, was numb. Just numb. You didn't really want to talk to anyone, you weren't really hungry, and you had a really hard time sleeping. It was getting harder and harder to keep up the act that everything was fine, but you just clung to the reminder that you didn't have to keep it up much longer.