31. Wilbur, you had ONE job

Wilbur, you had ONE job
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you eavesdrop for the hundredth time in this
story, and it nearly becomes the death of Wilbur
_________________________________________

Wilbur, you had ONE job*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*In which you eavesdrop for the hundredth time in thisstory, and it nearly becomes the death of Wilbur_________________________________________

-tickyicky on twitter

The following nights you woke up several times, heart pandering and your body soaked in cold sweat. Sometimes you would have nightmares about those weird vines that your mind seemed to be obsessed with and other times you would just wake up to the feeling of falling. The feeling would never really go away, even when you were awake, so you couldn't continue sleeping. It was first after a few hours the feeling would fade, only to come back the next night.

Even though they were just dreams, you saw the scenarios so vividly it was scary. And it would always be the same. It was strange, really. You've never dreamt about anything like it before, and now you couldn't stop dreaming about it. Manburg being covered in red - what was that even about? Did it have some kind of meaning?

It was also getting harder to keep up your act. It was getting tiring to keep on faking a smile, especially since the festival would take place soon and you knew you would be forced to meet Schlatt. You would spend all of your wake hours being angry at him, and when you were asleep, you would have these weird dreams. Your mind was getting exhausted.

The days were like any others too. When you didn't zone out, visualizing how you'd kill Schlatt, you would distract yourself by training in the woods. You didn't really see much to Wilbur - he was always on little trips and refused to tell you where to. Actually, Techno would go out a lot as well, leaving you and Tommy alone in Pogtobia.

And Dream? You hadn't seen anything to the green guy ever since he left a week ago. No one had - not even in Manburg. You weren't worried, but you'd like to see how he was doing. Was he gonna show up at the festival? Would you see him then?

And regarding the festival... You continued counting down the days to it. You were pretty nervous, to say the least. Either the days would go by very slowly or it would be over in the blink of an eye - there were no in-betweens.

Sometimes Tubbo would come and visit. He gave you updates on what Schlatt was doing, and how far they had come with the preparations. He also talked about the speech he would be giving at the festival. One time, he brought Niki with him and the two of you would have endless talks while Tommy and Tubbo were playing around in the tunnels. She was a very sweet girl, and it was very nice to talk with a fellow female now that you've been surrounded by men for such a long time. The two of you enjoyed each other's company a lot.

But as said, the majority of the time, it would just be you and Tommy. You would sometimes help him expand Pogtopia, and sometimes you would take him out in the forest to help him practice his bow skills. Tommy never admitted it, but you were far better than him at fighting, so he gladly participated in your little lessons. Today, you were out looking for ingredients so you could make his favorite dinner. The festival was tomorrow and you noticed that Tommy was a little tense.