52. Friends don't lie

Friends don't lie
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which Dream goes full-on Narnia and
reveals a hidden portal behind your wardrobe. 
_________________________________________

-Laikoski_ on twitter

   In the end, Dream's tiredness had become contagious, and you ended up falling asleep as well. And for the first time in so long, you didn't dream about anything. Didn't have any nightmares. You were just peacefully asleep the whole night, one hand placed on Dream's chest so you could always feel his heartbeat. You didn't know why you found that so comforting, but it was like you slept much better by doing so. 

   That's one of the many reasons why you were confused when you suddenly woke up to find that Dream wasn't even there. You were lying on the couch all by yourself, the house was just as quiet as ever. 

   You stood up with a yawn and stretched a little. You tried to search for your friend throughout the whole house - in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen, but he was nowhere to be seen. Something in your chest tightened when you made your way through the dark hallway and over to the metal door. It was still locked. There were absolutely no traces of Dream. 

   You continued to look around as if you hoped he would just magically appear if you looked for long enough. He couldn't just have left you, could he? Not without at least telling you first. 

   You hummed impatiently, walking back and forth until you came to the conclusion that you were going out to look for him. You didn't care that Dream had told you not to leave the house. You'd break those locks with your bare hands if that was what it took. 

   You marched back into the hallway again, heading for the door with a determined face, only to see Dream stand right in front of it, taking off his shoes. You gasped. You hadn't even heard the door open. 

   Dream seemed a little surprised to see you as well. Then he took off his mask to meet you with a humble smile. "Goodmorning sunshine,"  

   You blinked a few times, as to check he was really there. Then you placed your hands on your sides. "Oh, so you're allowed to leave the house but I'm not? Where have you been? How long have you been gone for? Why didn't you say anything?" 

   You glanced at the door while Dream chuckled lightly at all of your questions. He had already locked all three locks. You rose a brow.  

   "I've been gone for a day or so. I left you a note in the kitchen." Dream nodded and placed an arm around your shoulder. He led you back to the kitchen to show you. 

   "You did?" You questioned, crossing your arms in a shiver. Dreams arm was cold. The weather must not have been very pleasant. You felt yourself relax a little, either way. You were glad to see him again, even though it hadn't felt like a long time for you. He had you worried for a little. The last time he had left you, you hadn't seen him for five years.