58. We're gonna build a wall

We're gonna build a wall
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you see the fantastic Ranboob for the
 first time, and get run over by a train. Twice. 

________________________________________

-OllycErb on twitter

   The country was turned into utter ruins and giants holes of mud and sand. The buildings that were still standing were on fire, and let out a dark, thick fog from their broken windows. A fog, which prevented you from seeing anything out of your 50-feet radius, and made the air harder to breathe. Those people, who weren't currently fighting the withers, were lying injured on the ground, desperately trying to stop several parts of their body from bleeding.

   Even though you hadn't been there, you knew exactly what had happened. But it still hurt when Karl confirmed it.

   "This is right after Manburg got blown up. Everyone was beside themselves in shock due to the explosion and the fact that Wilbur had died in it. No one but Tommy really understood why Techno suddenly spawned those withers, so they didn't really know how to react. They just knew they had to protect the remainings of the county they had just fought for. Techno tried his hardest to prevent them from exactly that, because he felt as if everyone had used him. Because Pogtopia had made Tubbo the new president, despite his warnings - and I'm pretty sure you know he's an anarchist." Karl explained sadly, as he viewed the scene once again. His old self and Quackity were firing arrows at one of the withers, while Skeppy, Bad, and Eret were attacking it with their swords. He had been slightly injured from the fight, but it wasn't anything compared to some of the others. Quackity, for example, had injured his leg very badly, and the old Karl had been struggling to support him while shielding them both from any further damage.

   "I tried to prevent it, I really did. I even broke the button Wilbur was going to use to blow everything up. But no matter what I did, he would always find another way to blow it up. This outcome was simply unavoidable."

   You didn't really hear what Karl said. Lost memories were too busy hitting you as if you had just gotten run over by a whole train with 500 passengers.

   Wilbur, Techno, Tubbo. Wilbur, Techno, Tubbo. Your mind kept saying those three names on repeat as if one of them would be the keyword to finally remember everything.

   And in some way, they were.

   Wilbur, Techno, Tubbo. Wilbur had died after blowing up Manburg. Something he had led you in on, something you had agreed to help him with. Techno had gone mad. Techno, who you adored so much. And Tubbo - Tubbo had just become the new president.

   Your eyes flickered through the fighting crowd. More and more faces seemed familiar. Eret, Niki, Tommy, Fundy. You let out a gasp once you recognized Quackity. Everyone was there, and you remembered. You remembered everything.