33. This festival sucks

This festival sucks
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you have mood changes every five minutes,
and no, it's not because you're on your period.
_________________________________________

-artmaline on twitter

The first second after punching Sapnap, you felt surprisingly good. It was like you had waited to give him a black eye ever since you met him, as repayment for all the shit he's done to you and your friends. The next second though, you were terrified and running for dear life.

"What the fuck was that for!?" He yelled, chasing after you, a hand to his sore cheek. "Come back here, I'll fucking kill you!"

It wasn't the first time he had said that, and therefore you couldn't help but laugh a little. You didn't know what you had been thinking, but it sure had worked. Everyone was looking at the two of you playing cat and mouse. George was laughing hysterically, Niki covered Tubbo's eyes while silently cheering you on, and Techno was face-palming. Everyone else just stared at you in shock.

While you ran, you would sometimes steal a glance at Tommy and Wilbur. They were in the middle of looking through all of the chests, and Tommy would send you a thumbs up and a huge grin on his face when he saw you. You kept navigating your way through the frozen crowd, trying to escape the headband-wearing man, until they were completely gone.

"Hey!" A loud voice yelled, followed by a loud silence. Sapnap had just caught up to you and was just about to punch you back when he too stopped dead in his tracks. He cursed under his breath, and the two of you slowly turned around.

Your eyes widened upon seeing Schlatt right behind you. He was looking at you in what looked like a mixture of amusement and anger.

To say that you stopped breathing would be an underestimation. It felt as if all of your insides swelled up, squeezing all of your tracheas and blocking all of your airways to the point where breathing seemed impossible.

One thing, was to see the man all of your hatred was directed towards from a long distance: seeing him stand right in front of you was something else.

You went through three quick stages of panic. First, your body completely refused to react. You couldn't breathe, couldn't move, couldn't talk. Then all of your alarms got activated and your body tensed up, ready to fight him right then and there. Then your common sense took over, forcing your body to relax and act normal. Not today. Not today, you kept reminding yourself.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds so your expressions must've looked very funny. Schlatt sure seemed to enjoy it. His face curled into a huge smile, the chest was shot forward. His chin was held so high that you could see his nostrils better than his eyes. He sure did a lot of effort to show he was the boss around here.