62. Aight, Imma head out

Aight, Imma head out
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you're coming
for Santa Claus's job.
__________________

-tulify on twitter

-tulify on twitter

You inhaled the air around you so violently, that you were scared you had accidentally sucked out all of the oxygen in the bedroom. Your breathing was heavy, rapid, and unsteady, to the point where you were on the verge of passing out again.

Never once had you thought, that you would ever experience such an exhausting sleep. You felt as if you had slept for a year straight, and yet your body was as tired as ever. You felt like a completely different person. Not because you were more tired than usual, but because your memories had returned. And you were glad that they had, because otherwise, you doubted you would think of the time you had just spent with Karl, as two ghosts jumping around in time, as nothing but a nightmare.

But you remembered everything. L'manburg, your friends, yourself. Everything was now standing clearer than ever before, and even though everything was hard to comprehend and accept, you knew what you had to do.

And so, the first thing you did when getting out of bed, was throwing up in the nearest vase. You had unconsciously waited for yourself to realize the truth for so long, but you sure hadn't been ready for it. The truth was like a slap in the face, a punch in the stomach, and your body couldn't handle it.

You had spent the past months with Dream, without realizing he had held you captive the whole time. You hadn't even suspected him one bit when he had acted weird. When he had brushed off the questions that, if answered, would have led you too close to the truth. When he wouldn't let you leave the house. When he wouldn't tell you how you had lost your memory in the first place. Or even when he had even addressed his friends as 'Sippycup and Gogy' instead of Sapnap and George, so you wouldn't connect the dots.

You were disgusted with yourself for not figuring it out. You were ashamed for letting him do that to you. And most of all, you hated yourself for just chilling in this house while Dream was in L'manburg, mentally abusing all of your friends. He had led them to believe that you had died. He had manipulated Tubbo into exiling Tommy, he had made a monster out of Quackity, and made him and his friends almost kill Techno. And from what you could guess from the pictures, he had also dethroned George and blown up the community house.

You really needed to get the frick out, before he got the chance to do any more damage.

He had simply crossed the line. Your feelings about Dream may have been very mixed together when Karl had first made you question the perfect picture you had created of him, but now your heart and brain had finally come to an agreement - being, that Dream needed to pay for what he's done. It was true, the time you had spent here with him hadn't been awful. In fact, it had been quite nice, and you'd lie if you denied the fact that Dream had saved you, when he erased your memory... as screwed up as that sounds.