24

BETRAYED

Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?”

Ava's pov

"Oh my God!" My three friends exclaimed at once the moment I got down from Loren's car. I hugged each of them before standing in front of them for inspection.

"If you weren't my friend for so long I will mistake you for someone else." Sophia said and turned me round to take a closer look at me.

"Ava you are so fat." Isabelle kept checking me out.

"What did you eat for two weeks? I almost couldn't recognize you." Maria looked the most shocked.

"Easy girls, it's still me. I only stayed at home eating and doing nothing. I know I added a bit of flesh but not fat."

"Hey big man did you disfigure our friend on purpose?"

"God isabelle he didn't do anything."
I tried to defend the man at my back.

"If I do don't you think it will be easier to keep her for only me."

I hit my forehead, how will I know the man doesn't want defense.
"Don't act crazy with them."

"Guy are you serious, do you think you should be the only one checking my friend out?" Isabelle looked the most annoyed.

"It's okay girls, please."
I began to move into the house and they followed suite with Loren dragging along my suitcase.

I didn't know I've added some flesh, I should but I didn't think it should be as much as my friends make it look.

"We missed you Ava." Maria said.

"It should be her cooking you miss more." Loren said behind me and we all turned to look at him.

"You're a sucker." Sophia stormed away.

I walked up to him and stood with my hands on the waist looking angrily at him. "What do you want? Why will you pick on my friends?"

"I want you back home. If I think about getting back without you it hurts me." I looked at his frowned face and it just made me laugh.

"You can stay for the night."

"Really?" His face lit up but seconds later he frowned.

"After that what happens?"

"You leave."

"Too brutal, I better leave now."

"Okay." I extended my hand for the suitcase and he handed it angrily before turning back.

"Girls please let's eat."
I shouted to my friends so they could set my table.

"Ava seriously are you doing this?"
He turned back to me with a poker face and I couldn't pretend not to laugh.

"You can join before you leave."

"Aren't you going to miss me? Like for weeks and probably months I may not be able to come."

"I've always been living without you, it's no different now."

Like a flash he came to me and before I knew it he was already invading my mouth and kissing me with so much emotions in his kiss. I was already giving in when I heard my friends wow from behind. I forcefully broke us apart and turned away.

"I won't allow you play hard with me."
He was saying but I didn't bother to hear, I walked to my room, locked it and made sure he was gone before I came out again.