11

RESTLESS

“To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.”

Ava's pov

I was freaking out and grumpy too. I looked at the patient file I was holding and felt it suddenly looked like trash. My patient should have been my priority but all I could think about was the figure who will always be standing at that door frame every end of work to take me home.

A week now I've not seen him or heard from him, two nights ago I couldn't sleep and tossed and turned and the next morning I felt all my bones where crushed, this happened for the next night and I don't know if it will happen again.

I was very worried, I was just worried because I have this gut feeling that things didn't seem right, something was wrong and I know it all had to do with him.

For three days I wasn't bothered because he told me he won't be able to make it because there was a little issue he wanted to attend to. But this is four days extra and I haven't seen him leaning on that door frame again.

I've called him several times but no one picked, I've texted, no one replied to my messages and now from being worried am now pissed off with everything and everyone around me.

I didn't know he will have this much effect on me but I am only deeply into him and I feel that everything about him is just right.

I packed my bag ready to end yet another boring day when I felt a presence staring at me. I looked up and saw an elderly man, not that old because every tone of muscle still stood straight and firm and every sexiness still acquainted his body. He must be in his early fifties with the smile he gave me, it looked so fatherly.

Problem is I don't think he's any guardian to any of my patients, he was here for a personal reason. I looked at him and felt a familiarity, but where did I meet him.

"Enzo is going to flare up if he catches you checking me out."
His deep baritone told me and I narrowed my eyes at him. Did he just mention Lorenzo.

"You know Lorenzo?"

He nodded and I looked closely at him. "Hugo?"

He walked into the office in slow and steady strides filling the room with his dominating aura.

"Took you till eternity to figure who I was."

"Where's Loren?" Was I quick to ask? I was but I couldn't help it am so damn worried.

"Your way of asking is brutal. Calm down I've got a message from him."

"From him? Why couldn't he return my text and calls. Why do I feel you and him are hiding something from me."

"I took a two weeks leave for you, Lorenzo needs you and instructed me to bring you over."

"Why?" I asked carefully stepping closer to him.

"I'm afraid I won't answer till you see him."

I clutched his collar, that was rude but I didn't care. "Now listen, if something bad happens to Loren I don't care a shit who you are and I swear am gonna harm you too."

His eyes held surprise but never fear and I think I wasn't as evil looking as I intend to look.

"Wooh! I didn't know Enzo's mate will be this strong. Calm down babe, am taking you home to pack necessity."

"I won't follow a stranger, you'll call Enzo so I can speak with him and know he sent you."

"Are we really doing this, didn't you see me coming to pick him the day you rejected him. Do you fucking have the right to see him? That dumbass won't and hasn't gotten over you that's why he wants your ass there."