7

REJECTION

"Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love. But that doesn't mean you love them any less. Sometimes it even makes you love them more."

Ava's pov

I was already falling asleep when I heard my door open and not long after I felt a pair of hands envelop me in a hug. I turned breaking up the hug as I looked at him.

"What are you doing here."

"Making sure you are feeling better." He came closer and I dreaded his touch, his scent they were all making me go crazy.

"I'm fine you can leave."

"Ava I am not as evil as you've made me look, back there I couldn't control myself."

"I'm not talking about that, I mean you can't sleep here tonight."

"I will do nothing more than just sleep beside you."

"That's the problem Loren, I can't sleep peacefully if you are here with me."

"Only because this mate bond between us is so strong."

I rolled my eyes. The mate thing again, maybe that's why for the few days I had so many sexual fantasies about him.
"What is the consequences of chasing you out."

"I won't let you sleep, I will make love to you till day break."

I know I blushed, imagining him making love to me. "Rules if you must stay here don't touch me."

He readily agreed and closed his eyes but I kept admiring his face and his long eyelashes. I was tempted to trail my fingers on them but I made a rule just now so I had to abide by my rules.

I turned and tried to fall asleep but my menstrual cramps intensified and I desperately clutched my abdomen.

When I felt the pain more he encircled me and massaged me gently. I felt relieved and slowly immersed myself in his caress.

"You feel better?"

"A lot thank you."

"Sleep then, I will let you go after sleeping."

He continued to caress me till I fell asleep. The next time I woke up I was alone on the bed. I looked around but didn't see him, I panicked but that wasn't for long as my door opened and he walked in with a tray in hand.

"Wake up Ava. Oh guess you're awake already."

A little smile escaped my lips as I nodded. He presented to me a breakfast of toasted bread, jam, eggs and milk.

"Have you eaten your breakfast."
I asked and he shook his head

"I made yours first."

"Then let's eat together."

I forced a bread into his mouth and he accepted it chuckling.
"Thank you." He muffled his thank you and it made me laugh.

"Thanks for the breakfast."

He passed me my pills and a glass of water and urged me to them. I obeyed him and took them.

I was beginning to like him more but I feared what he is. I just wished he wasn't anything but a normal guy I meet in school under normal circumstances, naturally too.

But I still loved the moment we shared together. I felt a different level of joy I haven't felt with my friends. I looked at him and met his eyes looking intently at me.

"Why are you looking at me this way."

"You're beautiful Ava."

I chuckled, it was the sweetest music to my ear.
"Thank you."