25

DENIAL

"The attempt to escape from pain, is what creates more pain."

Enzo's pov

"How do you feel?" Hugo was asking as he walked into my office.

"Terrible. I hate that I am doing this."
I sat down feeling so dejected. It took everything in me not to tell her I love her, I just needed to keep her safe.

The moment I got back I received threat and everyday I am sent a picture of her activities which explained that they are having Close watch on her.

Now the only thing I have to do to save the situation is play Lisa and I don't want Ava here, she may not understand and think I'm cheating which I will feel terrible.

"Why don't you just tell her, she may understand."

"Knowing Ava she won't just sit and do nothing. Do you know she wanted to quit her job?"

"Charles told me. It explains who she is, she was willing to give up everything because of you."

"So I have to keep her out of this. Once I get Gabriel to come out from his nest, I will end this and get us a new beginning."

Hugo was quiet, he simply got up and began to pace the room.

"Can you stop that, I hate it."

"I am thinking. You know we can't just kill him easily, at least we need a plan."

It makes sense, my uncle is strong, very much better than me. If I should end this I need a plan.

"Lisa should help us."

"Are you crazy?" Hugo was yelling at me.

"No. I'm not stupid, I've done a secret investigation and it was found out that Lisa was really there. I just have to play in their music and lure Gabriel out."

Hugo nodded. "Then I will do the rest. A little trick that will leave him weak before our final strike."

"Don't you think it's time we get that staff of power, don't worry I'm not planning to use it."

"I didn't say you were going to, I was thinking exactly the same. If that's what he needs then we better give it to him."

Hugo always manages to get through what I am thinking, he has known me longer than myself.

Just then my phone buzzed in my pocket, brought it out and found out it was from the watch tower.

"What's up dude, did you sight something new."

"It's bad alpha. They took Luna."

"What? What the fuck are you saying."

He hesitated before I heard him swallow hard. "I think it's Rogue from Gabriel's bunch, they bumped into her car before taking her away."

I sprang up which even scared Hugo.
"Which direction? Did you all sit tight doing nothing while they took her away."

"But alpha you said we should do nothing but just watch."

"You are all stupid. Now I want you to map out the direction they went before I get there."

I can feel his fear, I can feel him tremble but what can he say about my anger, my fear that something bad may happen to Ava.
"Fuck!"
I smashed my phone against the wall and rubbed hard on my temple.

"What's wrong." Hugo said.

"They captured Ava."

"They just declared war."