5

REGRETS

"when we see the ones we love in danger we can't control our emotions sometimes we make a whole lot of mistakes and all that's left is regret. -Fifi Gold"

Ava's pov

Yesterday was spent avoiding him, he also played his part well by avoiding me too, but he prepared dinner for me and that really melted me jelly.

He cooks better than any of us, even me, he surpassed any cooking skills I have, with him I know I have no skills at all.

This morning the aroma of the bacon he made woke me up as it drifted into my nose to my dreams. Well that was strange I was never a girl with the good nose so I was surprised how this could wake me up.

I headed downstairs and met him about to cover my breakfast to bring it up to me. I still decided to play silent as I walked passed him to the coffee mixer to make myself some coffee.

"Good morning Ava, I made you breakfast have it when you are ready." He walked out back to his room leaving me dumbfounded, no I was disappointed with his leaving, I wanted him to stay and talk with me.

"Have you contacted your people." I asked his retreating figure and he paused but didn't look at me.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, thank you for everything and Ava I am sorry for that night I didn't mean for any of it to happen." With that he disappeared completely from my sight and I felt my heart collapsing. I don't want him to go, that is the first kiss I've enjoyed with all my heart, he shouldn't be sorry for that.

I looked at the empty stairs and back to the food he left for me, he isn't too bad but I am really conflicted, part of me wanted him even if it's just a moment but another part told me he's a stranger, I should push him away.

I quickly ate what he prepared and went back to Isabelle's room, where my solace was. I need to read and read away this feeling for a total stranger.

In the evening I decided to go to the library, I have to read there if I must focus. This summer is the most stressful for me with this exam coming.

The library wasn't filled as only few people are still in school. I settled down and was relieved to know I stopped thinking about him for moments that I focused on my book.

I read till it was dark and decided I need to go back. I signed out and signed some text books home to read. It's not just reading we need to research and that is the greater part of it.

"Hey young lady." A crooked voice said but I wasn't sure it was me. Though Isabelle's house is kind-of isolated we still see some few passerby so walking in the night is not too much of a problem.

Just that right now I think some bunch of guys were following me and calling me. I was afraid initially but I thought I could handle them, I did so with some few guys before.

They encircled me and blocked my path which made me to stop and look at all five of them. Did I call them guys before, no I think they looked more like teenage boys to me.

"You didn't answer us pretty." A spiky hair kid said to me.

"Am I supposed to." I looked him directly in the eye to show him I'm not afraid of any of them.

"Yes baby you were supposed to but you didn't."

"She looks delicious, doesn't she?" The fat one asked his friends with a smile and I joined the smile that slowly turned to laugh.

"What do you kids want, say it or get the hell outta my way."

"Did she just call us kids?" The most skinny asked and I smirked.