28

APOLOGY/FORGIVENESS

WOULD SORRY HAD MADE ANY DIFFERENCE? CAN IT EVER? ITS JUST ONE WORD SAID AGAINST A THOUSAND ACTION.”

Enzo's pov

I came back from seeing Gabriel where Hugo had tied him up in my underground prison. I met Dr. Stanley just outside my room as he just finished treating Ava.

"How's she?"

"She's fine, I've stabilized her situation and given her some vitamins. Let's talk further in your office."

I nodded and led the way to my office. I offered him a seat and refused to sit. I still smell of blood.
"What happened."

"Well...."
He stopped and I was becoming nervous, did something bad happen to her.

"You can talk to me I'll understand"

"She lost the baby so I suggest you bring her in for a D&C."

"Wait, Ava was pregnant?" It sounds so unbelievable. Was it what she came to tell me that day? I am such a fool and couldn't protect both Ava and our baby.

"You didn't know?"

I shook my head, I wanted to cry but I have to be a man. Okay, another reason I so much want to kill Gabriel.

"I'm so sorry but we need to transfer her to a hospital, if not considering this happened a long time ago her situation might get worst."

I nodded at a lose for words. Will Ava ever forgive me?

"Call me if you need me."

"Thank you." I walked with him to the door and headed straight to where Ava was.

I opened the door and saw her three friends sitting on the bed watching her and Michalina standing beside them.

"Thank you so much for bringing back our friend." Isabelle said when I came closer to the bed.

"Don't thank me, I'm the greatest coward and fool." I knelt beside the bed and took Ava's hand. "Please wake up, I need you."

"Come on guys let's leave them."

I heard one of them say and soon the room was empty with just me and Ava. She wasn't awake yet and it hurt to see how bruised she is.

"I'm so sorry Ava, sorry for being a jerk, sorry for not telling you, sorry for treating you bad, sorry I couldn't protect you, sorry I couldn't protect our baby, I'm so sorry."

She stirred but didn't wake up. I have to take the final step. I called Dr. Stanley and asked him to come take her, we need to save her first then I can receive my hate later.

I took this time to freshen up, washed away all the blood and just put on a pair of faded jeans and polo. When I came back to the room Ava was awake and she stared at me with no emotions in her eyes.

"Ava you're awake." I sat down beside her, tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

"I feel empty." Her voice was low and husky with no emotions.

"Ava we...I made a mistake."

"Is it true?"

I looked down and wasn't able to look at her. "I'm sorry."

"You called a doctor, I thought I was dreaming but what is it about D&C."

"Ava we lost our baby."

"No! Don't fucking tell me that, I wasn't even pregnant." She screamed and clutched her tummy in pain.

Turns out she didn't even know she was pregnant too. I tried to touch her but she pushed me away.