26

DESPERATE

IF THERE EVER COMES DESPERATE TIMES THAT CALLS FOR DESPERATE MEASURES, THEN I CAN ACT DESPERATE AS I WISH”

Enzo's pov

It's been two days I've been playing this game yet I've not gotten anywhere. She's not opening up and I can't force it out so as not to be detected.

I've taken her to anyplace we've been to, just to show I wasn't joking about her but she still have her doubt as I've refused to have sex with her.

Not that I can't do it but I will feel guilty and won't be able to look Ava in the face, it's mate bond, after I've been accepted it becomes stronger.

"Hey buddy." I was shaken and I looked up to see Hugo taking a seat in front of me. He silently passed me a note and urged me to open it.

"Saw this in the mail this morning, it's for you."

I wordlessly tore it open and read the letters imprinted with blood.
"Get me the staff of power and have your woman back."

I sniffed the blood and it smelled like Ava. I got up and wanted to punch into something.

"What does it say."

I rubbed my forehead and angrily passed him the note. He read it and sniffed it too but shook his head.

"That's an opportunity."

"What?" Is he trying to play with the life of Ava?

"Get the staff while I get our wolves ready. Take Lisa with you. Gabriel has to know you are now with Lisa and you don't care about Ava anymore."

"What the...."

He stopped me and indicated someone was listening, maybe my mind was too clouded that I couldn't sense it.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with the staff of power."

"Give it to the woman you love in front of him and let him know you'll rather he kill Ava and die in his hands than seeing him hurt the woman you love."

I understand everything he was saying, seems like a nice plan.
"Don't know if Lisa will go with me."

"If she love you enough to sacrifice for you."

"Thanks dude."

I wanted to leave but he called me back and whispered into my ears.
"No matter what you do, get out of there in 15minutes."

I didn't know what plan he has but mine is just to distract them and get out of there in 15mins.

I walked out of my office and saw Lisa's shadow squiring away. I smiled and walked naturally till I got to the room and met her reading a fashion magazine.

"Hey love."

"Hi handsome." She smiled and posed sexily exposing her thighs and tracing her fingers on it. I looked away, I don't like it, didn't even move me a bit.

"Babe I will like you to go with me to Gabriel's pack. Need to hand over something and make our relationship known."

She didn't look surprised, I only caught a smile she was trying to hide.
"But he's dangerous, am I safe with you?"

I walked over to the bed, sat beside her and embraced her. "Trust me, I will protect you with whatever power I have in me."

She kissed my chest and rubbed on it.
"I've always loved and trusted you."