10

WAR

“Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual, Our depression is our lives.”

Enzo's pov

I was asleep when I felt a sudden jerk, I wasn't a deep sleeper because I had to be extra alert for my park. I opened my eyes and could see no one who jerked me, the vibrations came from under me.

I got down from the bed and looked out my window, that was when I heard the howls and cries that filled the city. We were under raid and as much as I don't want to admit this, it was there staring mockingly at me, the devils claw pack.

I sprinted to the door without any need to grab a shirt and the moment I exited my chambers, the cries and noise got louder.

I looked around and met people, actually werewolves, running about trying to secure their loved ones especially the children. I paid no attention to them and crossed from the veranda to my open garden where I know Hugo will be.

I was right he was addressing some pack warriors, this is team b, from the yellow jersey they put on.

I paced back and forth counting minutes that he will be done so we can talk.

"We are under an impromptu attack." Hugo said half way to me and I clenched my teeth, balling my hands into fist to suppress my anger.

"How far." Hugo looked at me and I can see uncertainty in his eyes, definitely, he doubts my power.

"A mile away from the gate."

Fuck! I needed to hit into something, anything, I need that energy back in me.
"Gabriel wouldn't stop, huh?"

"Open the threshold gate, and the underground passageway. Get our children and weak women in there."

"But Enzo...."

"No but." I stopped him with that alpha male voice. He knew well enough what I was planning to do. I was trying to create avenue for them to attack at my expense.

"Why can't you think, I don't want you dead."

I moved closer to him growling. When I stopped he looked scared but not enough to back down. The howls got closer and with each step closer to us I felt the whole place vibrate against me, against my soul.

"Get all team to standby, when I go out there he will really try to get into the city, we will take them down then."

I turned ready to walk away but his hand stopped me, I watched them as they rested on my upper elbow.

"I've watch you grow up and know very much how you've struggled, I've always sworn my loyalty to your father and to you so till the end I will do that."

He left after this words and I turned in time to see his retreating figure leaving from the corner, I sighed deeply as I looked up the sky, it's going to be full moon and Gabriel knew better to attack now.

I walked back towards the city gate and pushed it open, walking out I closed it back on.

I watched as wolves ran towards me, they all wore a frightening look and I didn't look intimated, today I was going to be the alpha that I was. Looking up to the sky I swallowed hard as I can feel energy sip through me again and again.

"Moon goddess please for the sake of my parents integrity, grant me this fight just this once."

I watched as they all came towards me but they all stopped just a few step away from me and created a path where a huge black Wolf walked through with a girl on its back.