♥Ending Note♥

The first ever fic with a bitter ending, it's a nice change of pace to my usually happy endings :) I personally like happy endings but I feel like making a sad ending.

The inspiration to the fic: The inspiration of making Hearts has to be after watching Guilty Crown. For those who has seen it, the main character in Guilty Crown has the power to pull out Voids from others.

Soul Key: Like Guilty Crown's Voids, Soul Key is a weapon pulled out by Mitsuru. Because she is the Queen, she can pull them out from anyone.

However, I felt that in Guilty Crown, the voids being pulled out by Shu is too convenient to his situation; yeah it is cool that you are able to pull Voids out but shouldn't the voids match the person's personality and stuff? 

One important rule about Soul Key is that they have two forms: Physical and Non-physical. The physical Soul Keys needed to be handled with care because breaking them would result in instant death.

In my fic, Soul Key has to match the character's personality or their ability from the anime :) I was surprised I can make up many different Soul Keys for a lot of characters! I had fun with my creative side! XD

Chairo Mitsuru: Chairo means 'brown' in Japanese, this all points to her brown hair and brown eyes hahaha, while her name 'Mitsuru' means 'Growth' and you can see her grow from a character who couldn't care less for the world into someone who does care in the very end.

Out of my other OCs, I'd say Mitsuru is more distant and more of a loner type. She'd rather the whole world go fuck itself. She doesn't like being with a bunch of people, just a small circle of friends are enough for her. She may seem strong and distant but deep down she does enjoy being with others but she just has hard time trying to express herself to others, especially to Kise's friendliness.

Like Ouma Shu from Guilty Crown, both has the power to pull something out of people and use it as a weapon. Unlike Shu, she already knew how to fight before she has the power to pull Soul Keys so I guess it makes her more powerful than Shu I guess?

Kasamatsu and Mitsuru, the Silent Lovers: The two of them are like two peas in a pod. They don't openly express their love for each other because they already know each other's feelings. Before the story began, the two of them were always seen together and often hung out with one another.

Kasamatsu only tells her he loved her at the end of the fic. The significance of this had to be because he knew it would be the very last time he will be able to say it...

Because she always knew they would be together, Mitsuru sort of took it for granted that Kasamatsu was by her side. When he sided with WINGS without a choice, she often asked herself why she didn't appreciate those moments with him. She wouldn't cry for anyone but him, that's how important he was to her. 

Kise Ryouta: Kise is one of Mitsuru's Kings. Out of the other Kings, Kise sees her more than just their Queen. It's because he saw her beyond her title that he's able to allow his heart to care for her wellbeing. He stuck by her when Kasamatsu wasn't there, that's something Mitsuru really appreciated about Kise. 

Kise wasn't one of her important people at first but he soon became someone who she definitely doesn't want to lose. He's like a sunshine through the darkness around her, he always remind her to smile no matter how dark he path was. For Mitsuru, Kise's character is very important because deep down she needed someone there and he fulfills that role.

WINGS & Nameless: Nameless is a man who thinks peace is something that has to be achieved by force. He wanted to create himself an army so powerful that you would have to be stupid to rebel against. He thinks that a true king is a king when he has complete control over the people. He developed WINGS because he was confident he can unite the whole world as one nation.

I'd say Nameless is an idealist with a grand utopia in mind. His peace does work in theory but it's not possible in reality because peace is something that always changes into destruction in the end. Like Nijimura said in the fic, peace is something to be maintained by people, not something that is kept.

Nameless needed to develop the virus to perfection so he lied about the virus being natural and airborne just so he can keep his secret plan hidden within the glass dome. 

He also needed Mitsuru because with her, who can pull out Soul Keys, no one will rise against WINGS and his plan but Kiseki no Sedai beat him to her, hahaha!

The ending: The ending is a mixture of Resident Evil 6 Chris' ending and Corpse party Blood Covered (The bit where Naomi received Seiko's text messages when she was affected by the darkening). I've been listening to Yami ni nureta Catastrophe while writing that ending! XD

Kasamatsu's fate: He got infected in the end and even started to transform into an Angel. Poor guy, I love him so much and I still let that happen to him...

His Soul Key is a physical type that controls water and it breaks in the end of the chapter only to reform into a necklace with a tear drop jewel that contained water. I'll let you guess what that symbolizes ;) 

Sequel?: Heartbeat